1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Steven Universe thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr3urious, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when the new season is starting?

2. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

The most recent episodes (which were part of Season 5), aired on Dec. 17, 24, 31, 2018, and January 7 & 21, 2019.

Some of them may be available for viewing on the Cartoon Network website and/or app. As for the new season, we'll just have to wait and see, hoping that it doesn't get cancelled...

3. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the upcoming TV movie will be SU's finale.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Thanks.

5. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

No wonder why this scene from the latest episode was animated so fluid and beautifully; it was done by legendary animator James Baxter, whose name you may recognize from movies such as Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.

6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

ConsummateVs and Pig's Laundry like this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Probably. I predict that it will be a stand alone story, but sort of an epilogue for the whole series. It's hard to imagine life without SU or Adventure Time, but one of those is already over now. If this is the end, i'm sad to see it go, but i'm glad to see it end on a satisfying note.

All I ever think of when I hear his name
    Oh man, I almost cried when I saw that scene. And i've rewatched it literally dozens of times, I can't stop! It was so beautiful. Between the emotional music, the animation. It was just absolutely perfect. They deserve an Emmy for that short bit alone.

mr3urious and ConsummateVs like this.
  8. Misskermie

Misskermie Well-Known Member

Okay I saw this was a SU thread and I just came here to scream because I LOVE that show!? Also as for the movie thing, I imagine if the SU movie is the finale, then season 6 is coming first.

9. Pig's Laundry

10. snichols1973

There are a couple of character storylines I would like to see more about:

1. The pink-haired Mystery Girl known as "S", whom Pearl had a crush on in "Last One Out of Beach City".

2. The Zoomans, the humans who were captured and sent to Pink Diamond's zoo, where they lived in a utopian colony where they only knew happiness, until Greg rejects their "choosening' offers, telling them how he found true love through free will. They had experienced heartbreak and sadness for the first time ever, which raises the question of whether they will ever be brought back to experience the joys of Earth life.

Misskermie likes this.
  11. snichols1973

The header says that a sixth season of Steven Universe has not been officially confirmed or denied...

12. Misskermie

I'm pretty sure they'll talk about "S" more if we DO get that 6th season (Or even in the new movie we're supposed to get). I feel like after the most recent episode, there isn't much left besides things like that to talk about. The most recent episode felt like such a series finale, if they do continue, "S" is more than likely to make a comeback.

'Course I hope they explain ALL the phone numbers that Pearl seems to have. :laugh:

13. C to the J

C to the J Well-Known Member

I believe we’ve yet to see what will become of Aquamarine and the two Topazes.

ConsummateVs and Misskermie like this.
  14. Misskermie

I personally want to see if Fluorite is going to unfuse. I wonder if we'll get to see the gems that she's comprised of.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  15. Pig's Laundry

16. snichols1973

Other storyline arcs that have yet to be revealed (when or if they occur):

When (and/or if) Connie's parents discover that Stevonnie is a fusion of Steven and Connie

17. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

A few things I've always wondered:

Will Steven ever fuse with another human?

Is he able to fuse with all humans, or just Connie? If it's the latter, then how come Connie is the only human who can fuse with Steven?

I hope these questions will be answered in the future.

18. snichols1973

One probable theory of how Steven's fusion with Connie is possible might have to do with the events of "An Indirect Kiss", when his healing saliva magically healed her eyesight...

if other fusions did occur, one possibility may be Lars, who is now resurrected by Steven, and his life is being lived "in the pink"...

19. Misskermie

Listen, I just want to know what's in that locked chest.

ConsummateVs likes this.