The Steven Universe thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yep. Vidalia is Onion and Sour Cream's mother alright. Clearly, SC was from her relationship with Marty. It was all but confirmed until now. I really hope the strained relationship with Sour Cream and Yellow Tail gets explored in another episode.

Garnet and Pearl's strained relationship is really taking a toll on the other characters. Steven's upset, Amethyst is upset. This was a really strong dramatic moment that's really paying off.

As far as yesterday's episode was concerned, I really did like those nice asides about Greg knowing that meeting someone online was dangerous. Really great scenes with him trying to keep the peace.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Loved the whole insight into Onion's family. Seems like Yellowtail is the authority figure of the family, which may explain his slightly disturbed and out-of-control behavior out of his parents' sight. Onion does seem to love his parents equally well, though, going by the fact that he keeps a tape of his birth around. :eek:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, I have to add that Onion seems to view Steven as a surrogate big brother, which is no surprise seeing how distant Sour Cream must be from him. I think Steve is just the kid to guide him in the right direction. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I loved how last night's episode was a nice jab at Mary Sues/Marty Stus with Mayor Dewey turning his ancestor into one for his play before Pearl stepped in to fix it in her own special way. And I loved how Jamie the mailman was given another chance to shine, too.

On related news, SU will be getting another season along with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, and Clarence! :smile:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/adventure-time-regular-show-3-807037

Drtooth

Reaction score
On related news, SU will be getting another season along with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, and Clarence! :smile:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/adventure-time-regular-show-3-807037

SU, UG, and Clarence are the ones I worry most about. Gumball is renewed up to fifth season and all, and Regular Show and Adventure Time are the staple shows on the network. But SU is a very fragile show. Consider this is the network that's absolutely horrified by the concept of girls watching cartoons because they don't buy toys, to the extent when Adventure Time's 2 break out characters (P.Bubs and Marcy) almost didn't exist. Hopefully AT has since changed their stance, but considering that's one of the things that took down Beware the Batman, there's always that concern.

While I'm on the subject, I'm glad UG and Clarence have an audience. You worry about Clarence because of the creator's behavior, but then you read how the entire staff absolutely hated him, he came up with only the concept of a fat kid, and he was a complete d-bag even before the harassment charges. Glad to see that the show's thriving in spite of him.

Pearl and Garnet aren't fighting anymore! Yay!
This complicates me because on the one hand, I'm very happy for all the characters because this rift was negatively affecting everyone. But as a cartoon viewer, I almost wish this feud lasted longer to see how it would play out across multiple story lines.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Also, they've been very cryptically advertising "We Bare Bears." Wonder when that's coming up.
We Bare Bears is scheduled to make its debut this upcoming Monday, July 27 at 6:30/5:30 p.m. on Cartoon Network.
WBB's opening theme song, "We'll Be There" is to be performed by Estelle, a.k.a. S.U.'s Garnet, while Charlene Yi, who voices Ruby on S.U., is slated to make a voice apperance as Chloe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They started advertising it properly about 2, 3 weeks ago, mentioning the time, date and show title. That's right. They didn't even advertise the show with its title for almost 3 weeks before the premiere!

Instead, they had a cryptic #bearstack commercial (yes, there was a hashtag) where a walk cycle of the bears on top of each other walk through iconic backgrounds of CN's current shows (Titans' Tower, UG's RV, the boarding house from Regular Show...etc) with no semblance of what the audience is supposed to be excited about. That and having little pictures of them in their new logo designs. I was really on the fence about this series as a result (and the name's kinda... dumb), but seeing the actual footage has me hopeful and excited. Bobby Moynahan is the Panda. Sounds great right there.

Harleena

Reaction score
The new episode was supposed to be on tonight...yet what did they air instead? TEEN TITANS GO! I'm really disappointed, and I'm honestly getting sick of TTG. Robin literally fills me with so much hatred.