The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Any Del

Reaction score
I'm done with my entire family. Had enough of them. Once I get a place of my own I'm cutting them off. Bunch of NPDs that single people out and be hypocritical that play these mind games so they want you to keep being around them.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound ridiculous. In fact, it might be the stupidest thing that's ever been posted here but earlier today, I found this song on YouTube:

Despite my unfamiliarity with the Baby Songs series, something about the thumbnail caught my eye. But as soon as I heard that song, I literally burst out into tears and I have no idea why. I don't have any nostalgic connection to it, so it can't be anything along those lines. I didn't even know the song existed until today.

This isn't the first time I've felt inexplicably sad about a completely innocent song either. Back when I was in my Robot Chicken phase, the Neverending Story parody song they did made me so freaking sad it was unreal. But the thing is:They literally meant it to be an upbeat party song! There was nothing even remotely sad about it, just your typical immature Robot Chicken song with toilet humor and sexual/drug references. Again, I have no nostalgic connection that movie either so the visual image of Falkor smoking weed couldn't have offended me or anything like that.

When I said that I burst into tears over Lovey and Me, I absolutely mean it. I haven't cried that hard in years. This is extremely weird because in previous threads, I've mentioned before that I have recently developed a huge fondness for The Walking Dead, to the point where I now consider it one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Throughout my Walking Dead binge I've witnessed countless scenes that were absolutely depressing. That one moment where Carol forced Lizzy to "look at the flowers" certainly made me tear up a little bit, although that was nothing compared to this, I didn't even have to break out the tissues that time! But the fact that I am able to handle an adult oriented show that is so heavy on sad moments without hardly even flinching at any of them and yet somehow a song intended for literal infants has me bawling for no reason is so crazy. What the heck is wrong with me? Why do the most innocent songs depress me like that?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm done with my entire family. Had enough of them. Once I get a place of my own I'm cutting them off. Bunch of NPDs that single people out and be hypocritical that play these mind games so they want you to keep being around them.
I know family sucks sometimes. I spent two years not talking to my father or brother.
You can physically distance yourself from them, but the anger and resentment doesn’t go away. But a little time and space can help.

Any Del

Reaction score
I know family sucks sometimes. I spent two years not talking to my father or brother.
You can physically distance yourself from them, but the anger and resentment doesn’t go away. But a little time and space can help.
Yeah I know that. Depending on how I'm feeling I'll drop by to see how they're doing. In the meantime I'll focus on me and healing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yeah I know that. Depending on how I'm feeling I'll drop by to see how they're doing. In the meantime I'll focus on me and healing.
Part of the healing comes by letting go of whatever they offended you with.
15 years ago, I had a falling out with my dad, mostly because of his drinking. I kept in touch with my mom. She’d call me up and we’d talk. At some point she’d say “Do you want to talk to your father?” And I’d say “No!” and hang up.
After two years I finally made peace with my dad, right before he died. And after he died my brother and I got closer.
I’ve seen families split apart over much less crap than I went through.
It’s tough. But if you ever get a chance, I encourage you to stick out an olive branch and make peace. It’s not easy to do (trust me on this) but you’ll be glad you did.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I left my mask behind at the restaurant that me and my family went to for dinner.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm afraid I might have made Kippel hate Bill Barretta as well as Steve Whitmire. After telling him that Bill put the kibosh on Muppet performers having understudies in 2006, he wrote an unfavorable comment about Bill on Gabriel Velez's YT video of the auditions.