The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
And now I’m going to have to get a new phone charger because the one I currently have just came apart.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was calling to cancel an appointment that's scheduled for Monday afternoon, and the receptionist I spoke to was incredibly rude and unprofessional - she didn't even allow me to explain why I was canceling my appointment, or that I would call and reschedule a new one if I feel it necessary, she just said she'd cancel the appointment, then hung up on me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said before, in hindsight, I'm glad nothing ever progressed between myself and the former dream girl I often spoke of in the past when I would open up to you guys about my tales of woe, now that I've seen in these past few years what a narrow-minded, racist, homophobia, xenophobic, misogynistic (yes, even she is misogynistic) bigot she really is, which is quite a stark contrast to the caring, compassionate, understanding, empathetic person I came to know her as.

At the same time, I am really, really, really embarrassed about my past behavior on this forum when I was so lovesick during those years, and basically made a pest and a fool of myself.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
As I've said before, in hindsight, I'm glad nothing ever progressed between myself and the former dream girl I often spoke of in the past when I would open up to you guys about my tales of woe, now that I've seen in these past few years what a narrow-minded, racist, homophobia, xenophobic, misogynistic (yes, even she is misogynistic) bigot she really is, which is quite a stark contrast to the caring, compassionate, understanding, empathetic person I came to know her as.

At the same time, I am really, really, really embarrassed about my past behavior on this forum when I was so lovesick during those years, and basically made a pest and a fool of myself.
Who are you talking about?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A lady friend of mine whom I was once hopelessly and passionately in love with long before you joined this forum, so thankfully, you didn't have to witness my descent into madness back in those years.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but as you might know, my PBS station (WOSU) is a day behind most others in premiering SST episodes. Instead of airing a new one every Monday/Thursday, they air on Tuesday/Friday.

Well, with the way the pattern is going here, my least favorite season 50 episode is due to premiere on WOSU on my favorite day of the year. :sigh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My Google Chrome browser is somehow infected with Malware, and yet, nothing I do seems to fix the problem: neither my anti-virus program, nor Spybot are showing there are any issues, yet clearly Chrome is not behaving as it should, and I'm constantly redirected whenever I search anything, whether it redirects me to some shopping website like Amazon, or even if the search itself is hijacked and redirected to Bing instead. I tried running Malwarebytes, but that seems to have only made the problem even worse, and otherwise, uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome, and resetting all of the settings haven't helped either.

I hate the idea of having to make Firefox my one and only browser now, but I'm afraid that may be what I'll have to do.

EDIT: Okay, I seem to have finally found a solution: in addition to uninstalling Chrome, I went through my computer and deleted any and all files, folders, and other items I could find that were associated with Chrome, did a hard restart, then reinstalled Chrome like a factory reset . . . so far, everything seems to be working well enough.

Last edited: