The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Straight. It happens sometimes, even though I usually apply a hot, wet cloth to my face for a couple of minutes beforehand to open the pores and relax the stubble to make the shave less painful.

Any Del

Reaction score
I never used a razor before. Straight razors give you more razor cuts if your not careful. Electric razor might be in my favor. How is it like using the electric razor?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean if you want a really good, clean shave then straight razors are your friend. Otherwise, if you want to just get rid of your beard with only some stubbles left then go for it with the electric razor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah . . . given that I'm a compulsive neat freak, I tend to give myself as clean of a shave as possible, which is why I actually tend to shave against the grain instead of with, because I find the shave is closer and cleaner that way.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve used both straight and electric razors. Straight razors give a better shave, but a dull blade will tear up your face. Electric razors are safer, especially if you have sensitive skin.
I can go either way.
Pictures don’t do me justice. I’ve been shaving since I was 15, and I had every style of mustache, beard, sideburns, goatee (now I’m clean shaven these days).
If you saw the Fu Manchu mustache I had in 1998, you’d die laughing.🤣
But yes, if you use a straight razor, you need hot water, plenty of lather, and a sharp blade. Anything less your face will suffer.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My skin is pretty sensitive, so I prefer using electric razors. Sure, I don’t get a nice clean shave but I’m satisfied either way. 🤷🏿‍♂️

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ll let you in on a secret, when I was 15, I was so anxious to prove I was a big man. I went around high school trying to impress the chicks. I go real close and ask, “You notice?” Most of them had no idea what I was talking about. Then I made the big revelation “I SHAVED!!!” Until I was 18, I probably had three little peach fuzz hairs on my face. Manhood would not come for a loooooonnnnnnggggg time.
But by the time my mustache grew in during college, I couldn’t stop. Then my beard got so thick I needed to shave with a lawnmower.
Then I really became my fuzzy self.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Despite the fact that I, too, have sensitive skin, I've never actually tried an electric razor before. I do, however, buy straight razors and shaving creams specifically for sensitive skin - but even so, that doesn't always guarantee complete protection from shaving nicks or burn.