The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Well, I now know how that feels.

Because apparently, yesterday, MrFlamerBoy, a user on the BFDI wiki (where YSK is coincidentally an admin), killed himself.
He was only 15.
I was never too close to Flamer (as we called him), but last October, I made him a picture of Gelatin (from BFDI) as a Miami Marlin (his favorite team).
He kept it on his userpage until he died.
I'm very sad to hear that. I feel so sorry for his friends and family right now.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
It’s possible that one of the folks I knew from college has Coronavirus. She was tested, but came up inconclusive, but all her symptoms point to it. I hope she makes it through, especially because she’s a mom of two little girls.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know it looks scary right now, but not everybody who has symptoms is positive, and not everybody who is positive will die. We’ll pray for her.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've been binge-watching The Walking Dead on Netflix for the past couple of months off and on. Tonight, I came across the episode with this scene in it:

I don't normally cry during fictional stories as I know the characters aren't real, but this was one of the few exceptions. I cried for about three minutes straight after that happened on the show. I literally had to go hug my dog after the episode ended to make me feel better, it affected me that much! I've already witnessed countless deaths over the course of my Walking Dead binge (including another one involving a little girl) but this is the only one that broke me so far.

But honestly, this just made me respect the show even more. As I mentioned earlier, I am someone who doesn't often get too emotional with fiction and if this show managed to make me cry then the crew behind TWD must be pretty talented!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I managed to act up last night, so my dad ended up taking my phone away from me.

mariolover

Reaction score
I woke up really grouchy and irritable, because I didn't sleep much last night. I had racing thoughts a million miles per hour and it sucked. I had shortness of breath too so maybe I was having a panic attack. I ended up bringing it out on my mom and she got a little frustrated with me because of it. I could tell by the tone of her voice that she was getting a little fed up so that's when I just backed off.

Usually I sleep really well and I hardly ever frustrate my mom, so this is rare.

I ended up managing it well and I had a happy day later on.

Life is hard, and it's full of ups and downs. But even when you go through tough stuff and end up frustrating people because of it, you're okay in the end.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The last tree standing on our property has now been taken down.

I should mention that this is a duplex, so it's actually shared property, but still, the lady in the unit next door wanted the tree taken down (and this after we lost two other trees in years past due to lightning strikes, and yet another tree because a previous tenant wanted it down as well).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Don’t you have as much say as her whether a tree stays up or not?