The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There were other sources that have mentioned this as well, but it does turn out to be a mis-understanding. Still, I am taking this whole thing with a grain of salt.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I hate when these "animal feeding on prey" videos get recommended to me on YouTube because usually curiosity gets the best of me and I end up watching them... and then all these assholes in the comments praising the victor (usually a snake lol)... well, I hope they're lucky enough to be the prey in their next life. Yeah, it's the chain of life, but it doesn't mean it's pretty, right or should be celebrated... sorry I have feelings and emotions - I don't really think something suffocating and eating me for four hours would be a good experience.

Try to have a nice remainder of your Thanksgiving after that! 😂

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I hate when these "animal feeding on prey" videos get recommended to me on YouTube because usually curiosity gets the best of me and I end up watching them... and then all these assholes in the comments praising the victor (usually a snake lol)... well, I hope they're lucky enough to be the prey in their next life. Yeah, it's the chain of life, but it doesn't mean it's pretty, right or should be celebrated... sorry I have feelings and emotions - I don't really think something suffocating and eating me for four hours would be a good experience.

Try to have a nice remainder of your Thanksgiving after that! 😂
I know how you feel. Once upon a time I stumbled on these videos of snakes eating live rabbits. Yes, it's nature, and in the wild rabbits get eaten by snakes, hawks, dogs, and many other animals. But these people glorify violence and love to see the rabbit scream, struggle, and ultimately die. It is one of the cruelest, most sadistic things I ever saw. But what's even more disturbing is people get off on watching the rabbit suffer.
At least in the wild a rabbit has a chance to escape. But getting thrown in a cage inches from a hungry snake, the rabbit has no chance at all.

If there's any justice, one time a guy had a 9 foot python. He took the snake out of the cage, and his snake bit him, coiled around him, and choked him to death. That'll teach him.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
But these people glorify violence and love to see the rabbit scream, struggle, and ultimately die. It is one of the cruelest, most sadistic things I ever saw. But what's even more disturbing is people get off on watching the rabbit suffer.
At least in the wild a rabbit has a chance to escape. But getting thrown in a cage inches from a hungry snake, the rabbit has no chance at all.
Exactly. Or it's usually a baby chick or something... makes me want to go through the screen and kill the person recording.

Then there's this thing in Japan I believe where they pit insects against each other so they fight to the death... it'll be like a scorpion vs. a spider or something... let's keep it in Pokémon folks.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In the end, if this is a pet animal, just please feed them something reasonable. Example: give some meal worms to frogs if you have a pet frog instead of a mouse.

If it’s in the middle of the woods then just let nature be nature.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I understand nature. Little animals eat plants, big animals eat little animals. I get it.
My friend used to have a python. He fed the snake pinky rats. He would put the rats in, close the cage, and be done with it. It wouldn't occur to him to film it and post it on YouTube.
The snake got bigger, he started feeding rabbits, but they were frozen. That's more humane than feeding them live.
But it bothers me that people make a sport out of feeding rabbits to snakes. They want to see the rabbit "get it". And they cheer the snake for killing the rabbit and giving them some entertainment.
Almost like Ancient Rome when they fed Christians to the lions.Fun spectator sport.
The Romans also came up with this idea: you take Christians or prisoners and put them in this giant brass bull. Then they lit a fire under the bull.When the fire got hot enough, this roar would come out of the bull's mouth. The guy inside burned to death, but Caesar got his jollies.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As if the news on Sunday wasn't bad enough, I found out today at dialysis today my potassium level was really high. Not from potatoes or tomatoes, but the nuts I like. Coconut, cashews, and pecan pies. They were always so good for me. Not anymore. Man, that sucks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had no idea that nuts were apparently high in potassium . . . I understand they're supposedly a good source for protein if you're a vegetarian or a vegan.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
They are, and have good fats in them.
Peanuts are still okay, I'm not allergic to them.
It's amazing how one person can eat certain things and someone else can't.