The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
30 years ago AFV used to be ABC's lead-in to prime time Sunday nights. Back when Bob Saget hosted. They went on at 7:30, because they didn't want to compete with this new thing on Fox called The Simpsons.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So our local Dunkin' Donuts is closing next week. It's sad, because it was such a convenient location as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ironically, Dunkin Donuts has been returning to my town in recent years after a loooong absensce.

Back in the day, they always shared a space with Baskin-Robbins before the two split; Baskin-Robbins stuck around for a while, but they too eventually disappeared from my town, then Dunkin returned.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Ironically, Dunkin Donuts has been returning to my town in recent years after a loooong absensce.

Back in the day, they always shared a space with Baskin-Robbins before the two split; Baskin-Robbins stuck around for a while, but they too eventually disappeared from my town, then Dunkin returned.
But the reason why ours is closing is that it's too much money for the lease to be renewed and they didn’t want to cough up all of that cash.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of business. Retail space is so obscenely high, you have to move a lot of coffee and donuts just to break even, let alone turn a profit.
Then in the case of Dunkin Donuts, you have overhead, franchise fees, paying employees, local and state taxes, etc etc etc.
Then after all your expenses are paid, THEN you get to keep what's left.
If you keep a dime out of every dollar, you're doing good.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Vic Mignogna lost.

At this point, Funimation is dead to me, and I’m giving myself a month break from listening to their dubs. Monica and Jamie totally got a female pass. I’m calling it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Um...i'm still not seeing why Vic seems so innocent to anime fans. He doesn't seem any more innocent or guilty than a lot of people who get abuse allegations hurled at them.
Also, it wasn't just some random Twitter fans that accused him...it was his literal colleagues! These allegations seem to hold water. While i'm generally more inclined to believe the accusers in these situations, either way we weren't there and we don't really know the details of the case. It's pretty silly for us on the outside to say definitively whether or not he did it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I understand where you’re coming from on that, but I’m just more frustrated with the fact that I feel like the judge just rushed the whole thing and dismissed it off just to have it end.

What also makes it frustrating is if this was in an issue for years, why didn’t funimation fire the guy from the beginning? That’s what makes me raise an eye brow.

But either way, far as Vic goes, until we do hear actual evidence that Vic turns out to be guilty, I’m hoping the best that he finds a new place to work at. Also truth be told, putting the Vic situation aside I have lost some respect for many of the voice actors there (Chris Sabat in particular for calling fans of Vic “autistic.” Not okay).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Facebook actually locked me out of my account and forced me to change my password today. They said they detected "suspicuous activity" and had "security concerns" over a post of mine they perceived to be "spam." And what was that post? Encouraging friendship and embracing our differences. I think it's becoming more and more clear that Facebook is pro-Trump (I mean, they're a major corporation, I'm sure they're benefitting from his tax plan), because why else would a post about friendship and differences be flagged as spam?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had to rejoin Facebook just to get information about what happened to a certain site.