The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean the nice thing about indoor pools is that you can swim regardless of the time of year because you're in a controlled environment . . . outdoor pools are always closed in fall and winter when the weather's chilly, for obvious reasons.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My wife and I used to take a number of road trips. The only thing I requested was a hotel with a pool. We had a travel deal where we got big discounts staying at a Holiday Inn. More often than not they had an indoor pool, which was nice, you can swim at night or if it was raining outside.
Once in a while the pool might also have a jacuzzi.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I liked to do was sit in the jacuzzi for about ten minutes, then afterwards immediately jump into the pool to feel the dramatic difference in water temperatures . . . boy, you talk about a rush, lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Once we stayed at Harrah’s in Atlantic City. Not only did they have several pools, but a gym, jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath, the whole deal.
That’s the idea of hot places. Sweat your pores out, then jump in cold water. Very good for your skin.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Every summer down here treats us to the sauna/steam bath experience with our high humidity; walk outside, your glasses fog up instantly.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember as a kid being fascinated by how the temperature of the pool is drastically cold after spending a good amount of time in the hot tub.

I remember as a kid curious to see what being under water in a hot tub is like. Not bad but I don’t really recommend it either.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s hard to see underwater in a hot tub. First, it’s so shallow. Second, when the jets are turned on, you got a sea of bubbles.

I loved Eddie Murphy’s line from Trading Places. He was a homeless bum who suddenly finds himself in Dan Aykroyd’s house. The butler turns on the jacuzzi for him.

Murphy: “ Wow! Bubbles! When we were kids and we wanted bubbles we had to fart in the tub! Hee hee hee!”🥶

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's ever been legit curious as to why the word "refrigerator" has no letter D, but the abbreviation "fridge" does?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Rhymes with “bridge”.
Actually we didn’t have refrigerators until around 1940. Before that we had ice boxes.
When the ice man used to sell you a block of ice to keep your food cold.
Although some people still call their fridge their “ice box”, but might I digress.

We really came a long way in just a hundred years. Once upon a time things just about everybody has- electricity, indoor plumbing, washing machines, microwaves- only belonged to the very rich.
‘Scuse me while I get some cheese out of the ice box.