The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah, I always enjoyed the rare occasions where we were treated to basically semi-blank AMs like this, or the Alien Alphabet.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Those blank muppets creeped me out the first couple times I saw that skit as a kid, but it eventually grew on me when I saw the “Getting Ready to Read” VHS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, admittedly, with no recognizable and discernable features (like, I don't know, eyes), they can be just a tad unsettling when you're really young. I suppose I, myself, as I've gotten older and have gotten involved with puppetry, I've come to appreciate Kermit Love's philosophy when it comes to designing puppets that less is more.

Plus, as an adult, you have a greater grasp of verbal and auditorial communication, you can understand personalities and demeanors even without facial features . . . like in "Fat Cat," you can kind of tell the Green AM is a relatively easy-going and upbeat kind of guy, the Blue AM is kind of just "meh" and goes with the flow, and the Lavender AM is kind of a mellow and coolish sort of dude.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think that’s why the blue guy initially bothered me the most back then - he just comes off very lifeless and apathetic with a very robotic deep voice.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly prefers Anything Muppet patterns over real life human flesh?

Don’t get me wrong - I’m appreciative of all human flesh colors - tan, brown, white, etc, but I find just every day skin colors at the same time can also be boring. I think that’s why I really loved watching Anything Muppet skits as a kid - just seeing this characters with no specific race given to them (unless it’s someone like Kingston or Elijah) and just using the fun of separating the usage of unusual color patterns on these characters to enjoy how great they look as if they were still real people.