The New Am I The Only One Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly never liked the lighting to the video of this song?

There are spots it looks way too bright and overexposed, especially on the solid white backgrounds. It wasn’t easy on the eyes for me as a kid and it was always my least favorite part of the special.

Some of those street performers also weirded me out, especially the shirtless guy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who’s cut ties with toxic family members?

I have done so with a toxic cousin of mine on my dad’s side of the family with a VERY nasty temper and just a lot of bad anger issues who my uncle and aunt frankly always did a terrible job at raising him to begin with and made my life an absolute **** when we were kids. I don’t miss him at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not me personally, but it's happened within my family. My cousin has been ostracized by his dad's side of the family because, despite serving in the Marines, he's liberal and anti-Trump while they're uber-conservative and pro-Trump, and they feel his serving in the Marines and his country has all just been a big sham; his brothers won't even talk to him anymore.

Similarly, my mom and my sister are no longer on speaking terms with each other because my mom has finally become fed up with their tumultuous and strained relationship that never improves, and the fact that mom was uninvited from her granddaughter's/my niece's wedding last year was the final nail in the coffin for her. Also, one of my brothers from my dad's previous marriage is also no longer speaking to my mom, but over something incredibly petty and insignificant, though his wife/my sister-in-law will still speak to her on occasion.

But as far as I'm concerned, while I've had to cut ties with a number of toxic people in my life over the year, it has yet to be a family member or a relative so far.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly never liked the lighting to the video of this song?

There are spots it looks way too bright and overexposed, especially on the solid white backgrounds. It wasn’t easy on the eyes for me as a kid and it was always my least favorite part of the special.

Some of those street performers also weirded me out, especially the shirtless guy.
Personally, I was more bothered by that one Snuffy puppet/suit they used for certain shots in the city, with those unusually tiny eyes, fuller neck, and darker fur; it just looks incredibly unnerving.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

I have done so with a toxic cousin of mine on my dad’s side of the family with a VERY nasty temper and just a lot of bad anger issues who my uncle and aunt frankly always did a terrible job at raising him to begin with and made my life an absolute **** when we were kids. I don’t miss him at all.
No you’re not. I cut ties with my dad for a year and a half, mostly over his drinking. We managed to patch things up before he died, and I’m grateful for that. That year and a half I was still angry at him, but it didn’t do me any favors.
I forgave him right around my 40th birthday. Five months later he died. It was hard dealing with that, as Snowthy is finding out, but I had no regrets.
“Oh, if I only reached out before it was too late!” That’s one less burden to deal with.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
At least you guys made amends. The aforementioned cousin in my post is pretty much beyond change. Even my parents agree.

Any Del

Reaction score

Nope. You're not the only one. Back in December 2019 couple months after my toxic dad's extensions discarded me, one of them came back and tried hoovering me back and I just went full on "Patrick Star" mode on them and that was the last time I heard of them. Good riddance. Now if I can do the same with my toxic parents it'll be better.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who honestly just doesn’t like doing a lot of driving now?

With how ridiculously expensive has gotten this year, and I only expect it to get worse next year and the following ones, I don’t like doing a lot of traveling unless it’s like a trip to the library or my old neighborhood or whatever. I also drive a big car so I have to take a lot of gas as a result. It’s really frustrating.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I always drove smaller cars because you never knew when gas prices would go up.
Back in 1991 I had a little Dodge Omni that got 40 miles to the gallon, and at the time gas was only 99 cents. But because my commute was 30 miles each way, I racked up miles pretty fast.
Imagine though. You could fill up your tank for twenty bucks, and that would last almost two weeks.

I used to love driving. But it wasn’t high prices that turned me off. It was ever- increasing traffic jams, endless construction, drivers weaving in and out of lanes, and increasing road rage.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh for sure, those also play a huge factor as well. I have the worst road rage when it comes to traffic. And construction easily gets on my nerves when it feels like nothing needs to be fixed.

I only drive a big car because it was the last option I had when I got into a nasty accident in the summer 2017 and my car ended up getting totaled, so I ended up having to take what was originally my mom’s car as they got another family car.

Don’t get me wrong. I love driving it, but I hate how much gas it has to take. I’m personally trying to get a smaller car once my current one comes to an end.