The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Green I typically associate with certain amphibious creatures since the color and the pointed face are unmistakenly prominent of a certain amphibious character.

Purple, well, do they really matter more than other AMs?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I try not to associate AM patterns with specific characters cause none of them even ended up being mains, just recurring.

For instance, with the Green AM, the first characters to come in mind are Little Jerry, Nick Normal and How Now Brown. But I try not to think of them if I see other nameless Green AM characters or ones with names like Farley.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve favored the green pointy head one. Lefty, Sherlock Hemlock, Little Jerry, Farley. The Beetles, and my deep sea diving friend singing octopus’s Garden.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean I try not to associate AM patterns with specific characters cause none of them even ended up being mains, just recurring.
Well, it was always difficult for me, even as a little kid . . . I mean, I see the golden AM used in some Newsflash or fairy tale inserts as, Prince Charming, or a king, but I still thought those characters as Guy Smiley.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get that, I often felt that way with the Spaceship Surprise captain in the original series..... though I think it goes without saying they probably were echoing Guy with that character anyway.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who prefers this version of NTV more?

I said this on the classic clips on YouTube thread, but this was the version I remember seeing on the show (twice) from 3485, the only other airing being 3704. I was actually happy to have re-discovered this airing with the cold fade/electro sounds and boom sound effect when the screen goes black. The first time I saw the segment again in 2007, I was confused why the ending had an abrupt, cold ending, because I remembered it having a much more intense closure, but I just shrugged it off as bad memory. But when I saw this airing again, it all came back to me. Given how n-n-n-negative the song’s lyrics are, I think it kind of adds to the “horror” feel of the animated N showing up as the music becomes more spooky with that keyboard by adding a feeling of a Pac-Man-dying sound with that closure as the screen goes black. I don’t know, the standard cold ending just felt too abrupt for me.

There are later certain sound effects and music cues added into older Sesame Street skits during the ATC era (or after) I really can’t stand, but this certainly was not one of them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" is one of my favorite songs by The Police, am I the only one who feels like the mixing sounds a little off? Whenever I hear the song, it seems to me that the underscore kind of overpowers the rather echoy vocals, making it a little difficult to hear the lyrics.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who prefers indoor pools more than outdoor ones?

I dunno…… as I’ve gotten older I find I get more joy out of taking a dip in a pool inside than outside.