The New Am I The Only One Thread

Any Del

Reaction score
Don't think of it that way. It's green food coloring on ham and eggs.

mariolover

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who literally has no hatred for anybody? Not even terrorists.

I definitely don’t condone what they do. It is unacceptable,

but I have compassion for them to an extent because I imagine they must be really miserable inside and they don’t know how else to handle it.

I believe Jesus calls us to love everyone, even our enemies, and I try to apply that even when it’s hard. Believe me,

I’m still tempted to retaliate sometimes, but I never act on it because I have a really strong willpower.

My mom is on the same page as me. She has compassion for everyone. But my stepdad and stepmom hate the people that they believe deserve to be hated (which is what the majority is like.)

But us Christians are called to not confirm to what the majority does or believes. We are called to have counter-cultural opinions, values, and beliefs.

Before I became a Christian, I did hate certain people like terrorists and toxic people, and I actually did retaliate, but Jesus gave me a new heart.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don’t like to hold grudges myself, unless the person really did something to **** me off. By that point I just refuse to associate with them.

mariolover

Reaction score
I don’t like to hold grudges myself, unless the person really did something to **** me off. By that point I just refuse to associate with them.
I refuse to associate with certain people, but I still forgive them and turn the other cheek, and I still care about them to a degree.

I pray for them and send them compassion from a distance.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I myself am willing to forgive and give second chances if it really looks like the person is trying. But if they continually revert back to who they once were, that’s where I draw the line. It’s happened with numerous folks I once knew.

mariolover

Reaction score
I myself am willing to forgive and give second chances if it really looks like the person is trying. But if they continually revert back to who they once were, that’s where I draw the line. It’s happened with numerous folks I once knew.
Forgiveness is a really tricky concept. It does not mean condoning what the other person did,or allowing the painful actions of another to continue in your life.

It simply means releasing the other person, letting them go, and not holding onto the pain.

I’ll admit I have a hard time with that sometimes. I am having a really hard time forgiving the person I mentioned on the What Made You Frown thread who stopped being friends with me for being a Trump supporter, but I will forgive him eventually with time.

I talked about my experience with this person with a few close friends, and the pain still won’t go away. Knowing him, we probably will never be friends again though and I need to accept that.

All I can do is pray that he becomes more accepting and let the wounds heal over time. I still care about him and I wish we could still be friends. But I must accept that it’s over.

The sad thing is, he thinks I don’t care about him because he thinks I want him dead as an LGBT+ person. But I do. He doesn’t believe me when I tell him I care.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I’m in the process of making a 2 minute animation based off a biker film shown on Mst3k in season 2 (and this is probably the longest I’m ever going to do mouth movement), but um, am I the only one who doesn’t like storyboarding? It just..... I dunno. Kinda bores me. Like once I actually turn these into drawings, it will definitely spark up my mood.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sometimes story boarding is helpful, especially in filmmaking. Getting camera angles lined up, making editing easier, it serves a purpose.
It makes the execution smoother.