The New Am I The Only One Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’m not dismissing what happened two weeks ago. DC looks like an armed camp. With so many National Guardsmen posted there, I still pray nothing happens, but I know some fringe groups might start something.

No, there was also a nut job named Gramper who believed 12/12/12 was gonna be Doomsday. Either way, Christmas came and went thatyear without a hitch.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely expect there to be a lot of riots going on over Biden coming in after what happened at the capital riot.

While I definitely appreciate your slight humor @fuzzygobo do keep in mind some of us are worried on how those who support Trump are going to handle seeing him leave office, especially if you live in a very conservative-leaning state.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, New Jersey is as blue as the sky. Even before he was elected president, my family spent the last four years cursing his very existence. Not because of anything he did in office, but because of him. Ironic that they all benefited from his tax breaks, but let’s not bring up inconvenient facts.

The media also feeds this narrative, anybody whoever voted for Trump, supported Trump, approved of Trump, is completely evil.
And therefore must be silenced. So it will be extremely interesting how Biden is going to heal and unite the country by condemning half of it.
Moses had an easier job parting the Red Sea.
Believe me, I don’t want to see any violence tomorrow either.
Trump will not be there for the inauguration, which is the first time since 1832 this has happened. His absence should lower the temperature some. I would think if he was there things would escalate.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To me there are two Trump supporters:

The ones who completely kiss *** and support everything (I refuse to associate with them)

The ones who have small harmless reasons to support the guy (often the business side of things) but don’t approve of most of the things he has done for the country. (I have a “you do you then” mentality which I still dislike but won’t hold a grudge if you see faults in Trump at the same time).

Frankly even as someone who hates Trump it’s just the media trying to push ratings. I have seen some pretty respectful Trump supporters

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn’t quite get why everyone hates PETA?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
PETA is a lot like MeToo or ANTIFA: started out with a good cause, but ended up going so far into the extreme that they pretty much make themselves look worse than they really are.

In PETA's case, they get so bent over shape over the tiniest little thing they deem to be animal cruelty - they literally went after Obama for swatting a fly on live TV once.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Fair enough. I believe if something is for a good cause, that immediately evens out all wrongs they do (this also applies to the other things you mentioned).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That attitude is being ramped up now in the form of “Climate Justice”.
We are supposed to atone for the sins we levied against the climate over decades. For carbon emissions, air pollution, all that fun stuff.
Holding this country accountable. After all, we cost Greta Thunberg her childhood. How Dare You!!!!
But do you know who she’s not pointing a finger at? China and India. Two countries that have a billion people each, and leave a bigger carbon footprint than we do.
Well, the good news is the world will end before Greta hits puberty. No sense getting a prom gown if the planet won’t be here.