The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks "Diamond Girl" by Seals & Crofts sounds like it keeps switching back and forth between two or three different songs in one recording?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks "Diamond Girl" by Seals & Crofts sounds like it keeps switching back and forth between two or three different songs in one recording?
I can see why you say that. I can hear a bit of Genesis, Toto and Steely Dan in there. It's no "Summer Breeze", but it's a great song. When I hear early-'70s soft rock like that I seem to equate it with early-'70s Sesame Street... it just radiates that vibe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who likes egg nog?
It depends, because different dairies have different recipes . . . the only dairy's recipe I've enjoyed is Mayfield, others always put way too much nutmeg and/or other spices in it to make it intolerable.

But then several years ago, Hood came out with a sugar cookie egg nog that was so deliciously addictive that after they discontinued it a few years ago, I just can't go back to anybody's traditional/original egg nog.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Southern Comfort makes a good one.
Unfortunately, after the New Year, you don’t see it again until Christmas.