1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Vic Romano, Aug 17, 2008.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I always thought a blizzard was high winds blowing blinding, horizontal snow reaching inches and inches . . . but, to see it from New Yorkers on YouTube, apparently a blizzard is . . . really no different from just a snowfall down here.

2. D'Snowth

There's all these edited versions of BEE MOVIE on YouTube, such as one where the movie doubles in speed every time the word "bee" is said, or one that eliminates all scenes with bees. Strange.

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a meme for some reason. Actually, the BEE MOVIE as a whole has been a meme for quite some time, but the Youtube thing is somewhat new.
    There's also a weird meme where people edit some song called "We're Number One" from "Lazy Town".

4. D'Snowth

A tumbleweed.

I mean, we're within the city limits, not to mention there's no desert even remotely close to this region of the country . . . where'd a tumbleweed come from?!

5. D'Snowth

Not really something I sawe, but hearing Bubbly Mikey Pizza Crust singing a gender-flipped version of "Santa Baby" was . . . odd . . .

6. D'Snowth

I didn't know what to make of this the first time I heard it, but after putting it on loop, it actually gets funnier each time.

I'm tired.

7. D'Snowth

Holy crap, there's like eight different live action versions of the RECESS opening on YouTube. Some of them even have gender-flipped versions of the characters. :crazy:

8. D'Snowth

Harry Morgan died.

Again.

He died in 2011, how is it possible that he died again?

:crazy: :batty: :search:

9. D'Snowth

A kid I went to middle school with has his own billboard in town now . . . guess he's a successful musical artist now.

10. Pig's Laundry

Would we know him?

11. D'Snowth

Not sure. I found his YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jaspersawyer

I actually like what I'm hearing so far: the music is good, and his voice sounds great - even better than it did when he was in school (and he sang in the school choir).

Admittedly, I do remember from school days that he could be kind of an a-hole at times . . . especially in Grade 6, I remember one day he lashed out at me for absolutely no reason, and we ended up late to our first period classes because we spent so much time yelling at each other in homeroom. We did eventually make amends though, and he was a lot nicer in Grades 7 and 8, but he still could be something of a snob since he was one of the most popular kids in school. He was kind of a decent guy otherwise, certainly very talented, and it's amazing to see that talent of his is leading him on the road to success.

Now I'm kind of curious to see if any other people I went to school with have gotten anywhere in their chosen career paths. . . . I'm pretty much embarrassed to admit I'm a flop.

12. Pig's Laundry

Very talented indeed. I just listened to some of his music and it sounds pretty good. I really like that song he has called "Daisy". And it looks like he has a decent following (of mostly thirty-something year old women). Very nice voice.

Ah, you shouldn't be embarrassed. You've had a passion for years and you've stuck with it. Not everyone can claim that. A lot of people give up on their dreams during college. You sir, are very admirable.

13. D'Snowth

Ahahaha! Yeah, just about all the girls were chasing him in school - particularly every year on Valentine's Day, he'd get mobbed with giant stuffed animals and giant boxes of chocolates - sounds like they're still chasing him after all these years, lol.

14. D'Snowth

Is AVATAR now suddenly a Disney property? Because they're turning it into a theme park attraction. :eek:

15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

16. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

While it's not technically a cuss word, they got away with using the term d*ldo completely uncensored in a recent Family Guy episode. It really shocked me that they could use such a vulgar term on the air during the day (this wasn't at night either, it was on TBS right at the time most kids get home from school), :eek:.

17. Pig's Laundry

I don't think that many kids watch TBS. And i'm sure if they watch Family Guy, they've seen and heard worse. Besides, the show talks about sex all the time. Now, i'm not saying kids should hear about sex all the time (depending on their age and understanding of it) but if they watch the show, and if their parents let them watch it, than they know what they're gonna be getting at this point. It's not so much the network's responsibility to monitor what children watch, it's their parent's.

18. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Some kids watch stuff behind their parent's backs, like how Bart used to sneak Itchy & Scratchy in the early Simpsons episodes. I had a friend who watched practically every episode of Robot Chicken and his mom had no idea what it even was. I didn't do things like that when I was a little, but I've known people who did. My mom even admitted to watching Benny Hill behind her mom's back as a kid.

19. D'Snowth

Today, somebody younger than me actually called me "Mr. Scarbrough." OMG, that made me feel so old! ><

Is it normal to feel so old even when you haven't even reached thirty yet?

20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I saw something really weird today...Beaureactualregard at MC...

Bea:zany:{Kind regards}regard

MikaelaMuppet likes this.