The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh... I just HAD to feed my curiosity by finding out just what in the world this "The @$s was fat" meme is... ><

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was in line for my daily Einstein bagel (seriously, I feel like all I eat on campus is subway sandwiches and bagels X_x) and I saw this girl wearing gun earrings. The top half was like...at least an inch and a half, possibly two inches, shaped like a gun, a chain attached to it abut an inch long, and a piece shaped like a bullet about an inch long on that O_0

First of all, these things looked heavy. Second of all. WHY?!?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know those little pieces of paper that are shaped like a shoe or something they give you to sign your name on if you make a donation for something, then they tape them all up at the front of the store? I saw a couple of them today who were signed by "Batman" and "God".

Hubert

Reaction score
You know those little pieces of paper that are shaped like a shoe or something they give you to sign your name on if you make a donation for something, then they tape them all up at the front of the store? I saw a couple of them today who were signed by "Batman" and "God".
God is setting a good example...he is the one who told us to be charitable, after all...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I've received two spam emails in the past week purporting to be from the United States Postal Service. The spam-bots aren't too smart, seeing as they sent an email "a tracking link for my package" to several other people including myself, which any normal person would realize makes no sense.

It's 2012, if you want to spam somebody you've got to do better.

Hubert

Reaction score
I've received two spam emails in the past week purporting to be from the United States Postal Service. The spam-bots aren't too smart, seeing as they sent an email "a tracking link for my package" to several other people including myself, which any normal person would realize makes no sense.

It's 2012, if you want to spam somebody you've got to do better.
The horrible thing about all that, is that you always hear of so many people who are tricked by these lame attempts...then they go around whining about how they clicked the link and put in all their banking information, and now they have no money...

When it's crystal clear that it was spam...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The horrible thing about all that, is that you always hear of so many people who are tricked by these lame attempts...then they go around whining about how they clicked the link and put in all their banking information, and now they have no money...

When it's crystal clear that it was spam...
There's a commercial for the Connecticut Lottery which I see a lot where an elderly man is checking his email, and he yells to his wife "I just won the Australian Lottery!" She yells back , "You never entered the Australian Lottery! Who's ever heard of the Australian Lottery." Then the guy looks all defeated and the announcer says something like, "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."

I know everyone's not the most computer literate, but looking at spam emails is like telling the difference between real and bootleg clothing or counterfeit money. At first glance it might look good but upon further review there are tell-tale signs.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dunno, I have to disagree. I can't tell you how many times my grandmother has installed fake virus scanners because a pop up told her to. Luckily she has learned to ask me whenever she gets an email she doesn't recognize or some weird pop up before she does anything, but I really wuldn't put it past her to fall for an email scam.

Speaking of email scams, I've gotten a number of emails supposedly from Blizzard saying my WoW account was going to be suspended if I didn't reply with certain information. Too bad I don't even have a WoW account to begin with :laugh: