The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MPEGs are kind of designed to "break" anyway... back in the day, I foresaw messiness with someone posting episodes of Alvin and The Chipmunks on YouTube, so I downloaded as many as I could before they were removed (and lo and behold, a few months later, Warner Bros. removed them), I downloaded them as MPEGs mainly because the file sizes were smaller, thus, I could fit more of them onto less CD-Rs... now, they won't even play on my current computer, and neither will other videos I had previously downloaded as MPEGs.

AVIs have pros and cons: you can get pretty decent quality, depending on the original format (240p, 360p, 480, 720, etc), and through which program you downloaded, but occasionally, you would get really pixely videos... and the audio always sounded very tinny and metalic.

What version of Movie Maker are you using? I've found that if it's the Vista version (the last "classic" version), WMVs are the only clips that are consistent to work with; the current 7 version (Windows Live Movie Maker) supports a wider variety of formats (again, MP4s work well), but the overall layout of the program isn't as easy and practical to work with as previous versions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The stupid thing is, if I download to use a WMV format, the video breaks. But publishing WMV's is no problem for me. I can use self published WMV's and have due to the fact that to get multiple effects on the same clip, the least of which simple volume boosting. Just when I use downloaded ones... even if they were from Clip Converter.

I can't remember which ones I used MPEGs for, but I did "copy" them by publishing the movies in WMM as WMV's and they were fine.

But AVI only worked for me, and I used them on everything, until Media Converter changed for premium formats needing registration.

Besides, I'm thinking of moving to Tumblr anyway. I just haven't yet.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I gave paper airplane valentines to my coworkers, which they liked :smile: My mom gave me a carnation, and my sister sent me a Winnie the Pooh card through the mail :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
my whole week kinds sucked.. hubby got laid off on tuesday, so.. yeah..
i raided the freezer and pantry and threw together a really nice dinner though

Bridget

Reaction score
Aww, I love Valentine's Day. At school, I got at least 15 boxes of chocolate from my friends. Then after-school I attended the dance with my guyfriend- that's guyfriend. And he knows that I'm like a really huge Muppet Fan, so he gave me this Kermit pillow pet with a key chain! And of course when I got home I showered the house in pink!
C'mon what's not to like?
:smile::mad: :sing::flirt: :concern::cluck:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well see the problem starts in High School when you see some girls being given roses by boyfriends you know they won't have next month, while you don't get anything. After that V-Day becomes a sore topic for many. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You also have to realize that holidays do get more depressing the older you get because they are a reminder you're not a kid anymore. Halloween depresses the freaking heck out of me, because I'd LOVE to toss on a costume and get candy. But I'm at least 15 years too old for that. Asking for toys for Christmas sounds wrong (and yet I do), and the little tiny paper valentines you used to get as a kid, you stop getting tail end of grade school.

There's other things to look forward on those days. Grown up things, but a lot of us can't get them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
C'mon what's not to like?"
We're just trying to say that life gets complicated as you get older, lol.

But I do want to say, if you love Valentine's Day, then don't let anyone take that away from you. My family's never really understood my affection for Christmas, but I don't let their jaded moods interfere with my enjoyment. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or maybe not... depending on how you look at it... it kind of brings to mind something a wise person once said: there's no use feeling sorry for yourself when there's others out there who have it worse off than you do.
Being lonely no matter what is bad off. I understand why people hate Valentines day, as it basically just exacerbates feelings of loneliness. I get what the message is supposed to be "don't complain because people have it worse," but it comes off as "you have a right hand, loser. Complaining makes me annoyed."

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
The only reason I really like Valentine's Day is chocolate... >___> I have no life. Maybe I'll like it one day. When I'm married. Or something. But probably not. It's not that I'm sad that I'm alone, it's just that I don't like the mushyness of it!!!!