The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Telly

Reaction score
So even though every one of the reviews I've read for the game are pretty bad. I still wanna buy it. I'm sad cuz the time they put into games for the PS2 are pretty null, but yet I don't know if I want it on the Wii. :confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Games based on movies generally don't have a high quality reputation (as told to me by my PS3 addicted partner). I guess they think the brand moves the product enough already so why make it shine? Sad, really. I hope the game is good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Games based on movies generally don't have a high quality reputation (as told to me by my PS3 addicted partner). I guess they think the brand moves the product enough already so why make it shine? Sad, really. I hope the game is good.
Well, the game looks to be like a DDR type deal, only with the controller instead of a mat (or Guitar Hero without the guitar). Sort of like the Japanese video game Pop N Music (example Sorry, I picked out the one I liked the most). But clearly with Chipmunk imagery (and probably chipmunk music).

But movie based games fall into "just merchandise." I mean, even in the old days. Of course, there are some good ones of note. The Genesis version of Aladdin had some great 2-D animation (the SNES one was different, but quite fun in its own right). And the 16 bit Toy Story games had a nice CGI animation feel to them, which sadly was lost in TS2, for PS1.

And even in the early days, stinkers abounded. LJN had NO RIGHT to make video games. they were frustraiting, bad, and had little to do with the films they were based on. i'm sure you'd remember Roger Rabbit for NES, Frogboy. That one was a real stinker, as were both back to the Future games.

Kinda disappointed they made a game instead of (at least) T-shirts.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I'm sure there were some good games that were made from movies. I remember being addicted to the Cars game when it was out. I think I remember the Toy Story game, there were others that I think I played but can't remember them.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure there were some good games that were made from movies. I remember being addicted to the Cars game when it was out. I think I remember the Toy Story game, there were others that I think I played but can't remember them.
Well, it's not necisarrily a rule they have to be bad. Just that a lot of them are made as bulk merchandise, and not too much thought gets put into them. You can easily say the same for video games based on cartoon characters and shows. Some are great, and some aren't even given a second though.

Telly

Reaction score
hahaha Roger Rabbit. I was addicted to that game. Couldn't beat it for the life of me. Although I loved making Eddie power up his punch and then moving the direction pad left and right to make it look like he was dancing. Then when Roger would walk by, I'd slug him a good one and watch him fly across the room and bounce.
I guess one of the selling points for me for the Chipmunk game (I know it probably isn't that fun) is the 40 songs (I believe) all sung Chipmunk style. They should have a soundtrack to the game.

Drtooth

Reaction score
hahaha Roger Rabbit. I was addicted to that game. Couldn't beat it for the life of me. Although I loved making Eddie power up his punch and then moving the direction pad left and right to make it look like he was dancing. Then when Roger would walk by, I'd slug him a good one and watch him fly across the room and bounce.
The game is thoroughly impossible to beat. using an emulator and saving state multiple times, I was able to defeat Judge Doom in about a half hour or so. And you get a really crappy ending too. Horrible, horrible game. I bet the Capcom Game Boy one was leaps and bounds better (since Capcom has had almost nothing but Gems with Disney. Except the Goof Troop game).

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
The new movie is a combo of live action and computer animation. It looks really good from the commericials that I've seen for it on tv. :smile: :halo: :halo: It was one of those old cartoons that I would watch when I was younger.

Telly

Reaction score
If there is a sequel (which I hope there is) I'd like if they incorporated the "Alvin for President" song into the movie.