The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Telly

Reaction score
I haven't bought it yet, but yet , I never played guitar hero

Teheheman

Reaction score
Quite possibly more of a DDR rip-off then anything else. I don't know, I haven't played it, but that's what I'm assuming

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Sunday Update from Reuters

The 20th Century Fox children's movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks" slipped one spot to No. 5 with $9.1 million, With $187.7 million in the bank, the surprise smash is the studio's biggest release of 2007.

That's a pretty triumphant return!

unclematt

Reaction score
The 20th Century Fox children's movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks" slipped one spot to No. 5 with $9.1 million, With $187.7 million in the bank, the surprise smash is the studio's biggest release of 2007.

That's a pretty triumphant return!
I have to say that I was a naysayer but I am going to cave and go see the film. Congrats to all of the Chipmunk fans.

Telly

Reaction score
20th Century Fox's biggest hit for 2007? SWEET!

That means it was bigger than...
Epic Movie (no suprise there)
Reno 911!: Miami
Firehouse Dog
Pathfinder
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Live Free or Die Hard
The Simpsons Movie
Death Sentence
The Seeker
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Hitman
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

The only one I'm REALLY suprised it beat out was The Simpsons Movie. Fantastic Four: ROTSS and Live Free or Die hard were both good, but I don't think the fan base is strong enough.

I guess Alvin really IS the awesomest one!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, I thought that the Simpsons Movie was pretty good(then again, I'm a big fan of the show) and I would have liked to see Live Free or Die Hard. It looked good but had no interest in the Silver Surfer movie(although, it looked visually stunning, how are you gonna make Jessica Alba the invisible woman? Seriously, I mean, if I wrote the script, and I had Jessica Alba, she'd be in every scene in a bikini. THAT'LL be a great movie)

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Where the Simpsons went (right for the brand) wrong for the individual motion picture is that they didn't go for broke and held back a tremendous amount. Fans and the general public expected more, but it's still a very good film.

Live Free or Die Hard will definitely have another sequel. It made major money and was smart to keep the PG-13 rating. Yes, Bruce says his famous line, but an explosion overwhelms the "F" expletive. That is changed for the unrated DVD release. Very smart!

I'm really not so surprised about the Chipmunks. I expected it to reach $100M domestically, but not the biggest Fox Studios hit of 07. There just aren't enough real family friendly films out there for it to compete with. Waterhorse, I guess, but it doesn't have the snuggle-fuzzy factor of the Chipmunks. I really was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.