The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Teheheman

Reaction score
As much as I love Hey Arnold, I don't think I've ever seen the movie yet. The Rugrats, with the 2nd movie in my opinion, jumped the shark. I would have paid to see a Rescue Rangers movie. I think Tale Spin would have made a decent movie too. I guess we'll see it if DVD sales of those 2 series become really good. Actually, I'd end up being the dork who would buy those 2 or 3 series on DVD lol. Although, that's probably how they got Fraggle Rock to be a movie(and don't tell me that DVDs weren't a part of it, that the 25th anniversary was in the plans the whole time, cause I have a hard time believing that they were planning to release a movie in 2008 in 1983.)

Daniel

unclematt

Reaction score
I agree with everything except I think the Rugrats/ Wild Thornberrys crossover was very well done. And Bruce Willis playing the voice of spike was genius.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about the crossover, I'm talking about Rugrats in Paris or whatever. When they added Kimmy to the show. That's when it jumped the shark. They added Dill, which wasn't as bad, but then they added Kimmy and that's when it just hit the fan in my opinion. I think Rugrats in Paris was the 2nd one, then the last one was the crossover, but the Paris one was when the show jumped the shark. Sequels are never as good as the first. Remember that people.

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is it wrong that I never liked the Rugrats? Nothing about it appealed to me. I know one of my favorite singers, Cyndi Lauper, provided a song for the Paris movie, but from the voices and characters to story lines and dialogue I just don't like 'em. I will say that they are stylized in an interesting way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As much as I love Hey Arnold, I don't think I've ever seen the movie yet. The Rugrats, with the 2nd movie in my opinion, jumped the shark. I would have paid to see a Rescue Rangers movie. I think Tale Spin would have made a decent movie too. I guess we'll see it if DVD sales of those 2 series become really good. Actually, I'd end up being the dork who would buy those 2 or 3 series on DVD lol. Although, that's probably how they got Fraggle Rock to be a movie(and don't tell me that DVDs weren't a part of it, that the 25th anniversary was in the plans the whole time, cause I have a hard time believing that they were planning to release a movie in 2008 in 1983.)
Well, let me say a few things first.

Hey Arnold had the exact same flow you'd expect from Hey Arnold. Even the scene transitional fades were the same. Same animation, same everything. I got the DVD for 4 bucks "Used" (still in its original wrapper). It's a decent film, and it really ends the series... but it seems more like a telefilm if anything. Plus, it was released the same time as PPG, which also flopped.

A Talespin movie would be out of the question for 2 reasons. 1, no matter how good the DVD sales could get, Disney would never revisit one of their old shows for a theatrical release. Secondly, you clearly haven't heard about how Louis Prima's widow sued Disney for the use of an impersonation of Louie (beautifully done by Jim Cummings) for the Talespin series. I'm surprised they even put it on DVD. They settled out of court, and a small fraction of the DVD's earnings goes to his estate. Hense why Louie was noticably absent in the horrible Jungle Book 2. I guess, if such a thing happened, they'd get John Goodman to play Baloo again, as Ed Gilbert (the voice actor who played him on Talespin, who was a dead on impersonation of the original) had passed away in 1999.

unclematt

Reaction score
Two questions:

1. What is PPG?

2. How was John Goodman's Baloo?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
1. PPG = Powerpuff Girls (Uh... I think)
2. In my oppion, John Goodman as Baloo sounds just like John Goodman as any other role. I couldn't get the image of Sulley from Monsters Inc out of my head.

unclematt

Reaction score
Thank you Baby Gonzo and I think I would have the Sully problem as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sequels are never as good as the first. Remember that people.
Not necessarily...

Shrek 2 left the original Shrek eating its dust, as did The Santa Clause 2 to the original Santa Clause. Toy Story 2 definitely managed to measure up to its original as well.

Now the sequel to Ice Age on the other hand, THAT one sucked!

Well, back to original subjects of the Chipmunks and sequels, I've read quite a few stories about talks about a sequel to this movie, and this time possibly incorporating the Chipettes into it... in fact, one story I read, Janice Karman said she and Ross Jr. have been frequently asked why the Chipettes weren't present in the movie, so that kind of has them interested in incorporating into a sequel.