Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Schfifty

Reaction score
I still could imagine David doing Kermit, but like with Matt doing Jerry's characters, David kind of has his hands full doing Richard's characters.
Has David really ever done a Jim-type of character though? I'm not sure how well that would work since Kermit has a more mellow sort of personality/voice. And like you said, he's inherited much of Richard's characters over the years.

But either way, I can't quite see that happening.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I still could imagine David doing Kermit, but like with Matt doing Jerry's characters, David kind of has his hands full doing Richard's characters.
Forgive the ignorance, but by David, you mean David Rudman, right? Just making sure on this. The only Muppeteers I recognize by first name only are of Henson, Oz, Nelson, Hunt, Goelz, Whitmire, Brill, Spinney, Baretta, and now Vogel. Anybody else, I may ask who you're referring to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't picture David trying to do a Jim voice... He fits more for Richard (and heck, even Marty Robinson imo).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Has David really ever done a Jim-type of character though? I'm not sure how well that would work since Kermit has a more mellow sort of personality/voice.
I know what you mean. A lot of his characters seem to sound the same, like Baby Bear without the speech impediment. Although he is pretty much spot on with Cookie Monster, so maybe he could do a good :smile: voice if he had to. Who knows?

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Maybe they're not going to do the thought of the week anymore.
I heard somewhere that they're re-recording the video, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. I mean I assume Matt will be performing Kermit at the Hollywood Bowl?

Here for example at 0.20
Oh, I didn't know Peter was doing Ernie now! I really don't keep up with the Sesame Street projects.

It's kind of throwing me off, but I'm sure he'll get better at it.

ferrell

Reaction score
I wonder what Dave Goelz would sound like as Kermit after all his Boober souds a little like him.