• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Christmas Music
    Our 19th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh my god, that had me dying! :big_grin: whoever made that had too much time in their hands.

Now I'm just pretending that's Grover playing the drums, Elmo playing bass, Herry Monster playing lead guitar and Oscar playing rythym in that song.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has David really ever done a Jim-type of character though?
Not necessarily, but like Shane's previous tongue-in-cheek comment, he did perform Peter Cratchit in MCC, and did a decent Kermit-esque voice for that character.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Gee, I wonder how Louise Gold would sound as Kermit...

Heh. I love how this thread has become "I wonder how anybody but Matt would sound as Kermit." Come on, do you guys have that little confidence in him. :stick_out_tongue:

Kidding. Hence the :stick_out_tongue: that at least two people are likely going to ignore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Could be? There's two different versions of Kermit's dialogue from THE MUPPETS CELEBRATE JIM HENSON.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Well, you can take this with a grain of salt, but a friend of mine who performs on Sesame Street confirmed the "Steve Whitmire is an ego maniac" story, and said it was one of the reasons he was ousted as Ernie. :frown: Pretty disappointing.

Again, it's not a one sided thing. I guess Brian Henson is a pretty big jerk, too.

Censored

Reaction score
Gee, I wonder how Louise Gold would sound as Kermit...

Heh. I love how this thread has become "I wonder how anybody but Matt would sound as Kermit." Come on, do you guys have that little confidence in him. :stick_out_tongue:

Kidding. Hence the :stick_out_tongue: that at least two people are likely going to ignore.
No way! Matt is where it's at!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, you can take this with a grain of salt, but a friend of mine who performs on Sesame Street confirmed the "Steve Whitmire is an ego maniac" story, and said it was one of the reasons he was ousted as Ernie. :frown: Pretty disappointing.

Again, it's not a one sided thing. I guess Brian Henson is a pretty big jerk, too.
My feeling is that this was all done in an unhealthy way and neither side looks very good. It's easy to sympathize with Steve, but his blog and interviews haven't really been helping his case very much.