Songs You Can't Stand

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm surprised their songs constantly got put in kiddy flicks, one of their albums even had one of those "Parental Advisory" stickers.

cjd874

Reaction score
I like some of Smash Mouth's songs…"Walking on the Sun" was featured in a Mercury car commercial with Jill Wagner, the attractive chick who became the host of Wipeout. But I do recall "All Star" being in the first Shrek movie.
Back on topic: I will never listen to anything by Yoko Ono. Sure, she's famous and was married to the late great John Lennon. But when I saw the Rolling Stones Rock 'n' Roll Circus film, she was one of the "guest performers" with the Dirty Mac, a band featuring Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, and Mitch Mitchell…a proto-supergroup, if you will. And she STUNK. Badly. What's even more awful is that Lennon's smiling like, "Yeah girl!" while Keith, Eric and Mitch are like "Oh god no."

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm surprised their songs constantly got put in kiddy flicks, one of their albums even had one of those "Parental Advisory" stickers.
Yeeaaahhhh

And you know these guys?

The guys that do half the music for Phineas and Ferb and have done songs for other Disney movies?

Are some of the crudest people to see live in concert. Tons of sex jokes and innuendo. Their music on all their albums is full of stuff inappropriate for kids. I cannot tell you one album that is safe for a kid to listen to.

Your argument is invalid :stick_out_tongue:

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The thing is that BFS's music sounds like it's kid-friendly, but isn't in the slightest. Pretty weird that they constantly do songs for Disney productions (and "High School Never Ends" was butchered for Radio Disney).

Kinda like Blink-182, they have some pretty raunchy songs, but their singles like "First Date" and "All The Small Things" cover it up.

Back to the topic...

I don't like Lady Gaga's new song "Applause". I've been hearing it everywhere, and it sounds like every other generic pop song released in the last three years.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Back on topic: I will never listen to anything by Yoko Ono. Sure, she's famous and was married to the late great John Lennon. But when I saw the Rolling Stones Rock 'n' Roll Circus film, she was one of the "guest performers" with the Dirty Mac, a band featuring Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, and Mitch Mitchell…a proto-supergroup, if you will. And she STUNK. Badly. What's even more awful is that Lennon's smiling like, "Yeah girl!" while Keith, Eric and Mitch are like "Oh god no."
Have you ever heard her songs from Double Fantasy? "Kiss Kiss Kiss" is one of the most disturbing songs ever recorded.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I already said this in another thread, but I might as well restate it here... maybe get some information on who did it.

Now, I'm no big fan of Christmas music (or generic Winter Music they incorporated into Christmas), unless a cartoon character or Muppet sings it. But there's one song in particular I just cannot freaking take at all that they play all the time. You see, there's this version of "Winter Wonderland" from the 90's that is just insanely horrible. It starts out with this horrible, dizzying, evil sounding intro that sounds perfectly in place in a slasher film. Complete with a beat that sounds like Jason stalking a victim. Then after that creepy and out of place sound, it turns into the crappiest 1990's synth pop imaginable sung by someone with the flattest, most uninterested voice you could have imagined. It sounds like an MIDI used at a cheap karaoke bar, sung by someone who was forced by her friend to sign up. And everyone plays this darn thing like it's actually liked. There's not enough "Buy some more" music that they always have to play one of the worst covers of a song that wasn't that good (or even truly related to Christmas) ever?

snichols1973

Reaction score
'Tighter, Tighter" by Alive and Kicking; while it reached #7 and stayed on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart for 16 weeks in May 1970 (and today you'll occasionally hear it on select oldies stations), nowadays the song appears to sound more like a blend of old-school AM band easy-listening and muzak.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I really can't stand "Baby It's Cold Outside." The Muppet version is not bad, but other covers... terrible.
It's shocking to you guys, but I do not want to say the r word. Ugh!
Kids should listen to something else other than this song. This is an adult song. Seriously!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one. I mentioned it in the Christmas thread...

A) It's deplorable. I've heard Gangsta Rap that was less disgusting with that subject matter.

and
B) It's not even a Christmas song. I mean, it's bad enough various winter songs have been absorbed into Christmas... but this disgusting thing?