Sketches You Hated as a Kid

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Always hated this one...it seemed like it was much longer than what it actually is. But it made me leave the room at times when it appeared
I remember later years, They added a BGM. But I remember seeing it in 1997, After the "W" part they interrupt the segment for a special report. And the letter X makes his upsetting speech that he will not be seen in his usual roll in the alphabet ever again. Because he quits.

Last edited:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I remember not liking Bushman Bill (he was too scary). But the song was nice and catchy though.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, that voice and appearance of his did not sit well with me back then. It also didn’t exactly help that the first time I saw the skit was episode 3611, where it came in as a bit of a startle with the way the segment transitioned (just watch the episode on YouTube to see what I mean).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Bushman Bill was inspired by Wolfman Jack, it seems. It's too bad HBO Max never kept that segment intact in Episode 2256, though we now believe that Wolfman Jack is not the reason for the deletion. At least a high quality upload of the musical segment is on YT, and I am glad I downloaded it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Was it removed? I see no mention of that on Muppet wiki. Plus I’d find that to be a little strange since it was included in the HBO kids release of 3611.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki likely missed some episodes in terms of segments edited out. They even missed some episodes from the Hawaii trip episodes too - it turns out that some segments that were edited out of the Noggin broadcasts were reinstated for HBO Max, such as the "Number 4 carpool" segment in Episode 1093 - that was reinstated for HBO Max.

Even more interesting, that it was thought that segments in which dismemberment was involved (pulling noses off Bert's face, in many cases) was edited out of HBO Max releases. It turns out that the "Bert's Bust" sketch, in which Ernie pulled Bert's nose off his face near the end, was not cut from the HBO Max version of Episode 1093, oddly enough.

Also, I stand corrected on "D Duah Duah", as it was included in the HBO Kids release of #3611. If it made it to HBO Kids, it would obviously be kept intact when transferred to HBO Max last November.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Stuff can just get edited it out because of timing reasons due to HBO max including credits for every episode

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That still doesn't make any sense though. This is streaming, not broadcast TV, it's not like they have any constraints imposed by any kind of scheduled time slots or anything.