Sketches You Hated as a Kid

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think he was just generally continuing off from where I was describing them with your correction.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually, here’s a perfect one for me.

Suzie Kabloozie. Never liked her character.

hooperfan

Reaction score
Always hated this one...it seemed like it was much longer than what it actually is. But it made me leave the room at times when it appeared

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Always hated this one...it seemed like it was much longer than what it actually is. But it made me leave the room at times when it appeared
I’m actually quite the opposite to be honest. I loved the shots of all the kids grouped together to make different letters and seeing all those balloons and streamers and what have you scatter around. Could also be because I was exposed to the music version which may have kept things going a bit more (it feels a bit more off imo without it). But to each his own

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Back onto Segments I personally hated (and @crackmaster is really gonna hate me for this), I never really liked most of Lisa Crafts’ bits (save for the Rubber Stamp series). Always found they looked weird and unsettling.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Overplayed as they were I loved the rubber stamp cartoons! But she did have a very unique art style that could look a bit weird.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Lisa’s segments are certainly an acquired taste. I just don’t think I’ve acquired it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have sort of a love-hate thing going on with William Wegman's bits.

On the one hand, they were very, very prominent during the early 90s, which are some of my earliest memories of watching SS as a wee liddle laddie, so there's definitely a nostalgia factor to them for me; on the other hand, some of them could be a tad unnerving to look at, particulary the ones where Fay-Ray and the other dogs' heads were used on top of human bodies.

Oh, and one in particular with Fay-Ray dressing up as those different animals (like Kermit the Dog): the dark backgrounds, and those freaky-looking costumes were something you couldn't look at, but you also couldn't look away.