"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Why Sherry Netherland, though? Who even remembers her? Despite Kevin and Joey's departures, it seems like Humphrey, Ingrid, Natasha, and/or Benny would be more memorable characters to bring back for the occasion . . . even though, as I understand it, I think some of those puppets have been exported to international co-productions.
Besides nothing against the classic adult cast, but it’s best to bring any available Muppet form from the past 50 years of the show for this special.
That and it would be a tad cheaper for rebuilding certain characters. Right ?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Perhaps we'll find out on Saturday evening.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I wonder if Baby Natasha is coming back for the special, as @Oscarfan mentioned before Barkley and Alice Snuffleupagus are toast but what about Baby Natasha?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I won't be able to watch the special until the 17th since I don't get HBO

minor muppetz

Reaction score
i think Sherry Netherland is back simply because the puppet happens to still be in a good working condition.

oddly, while I did watch the show a lot around season 25, I don’t really remember her well.* and I had recorded a few episodes that heavily featured her, so I don’t know what it is.

*Don’t remember her from when I was a kid, I really don’t remember her until I read about her in Sesame Street Unpaved (oddly, that book does leave out info on Benny, Humphrey, and Ingrid - all of whom I do remember a lot better from when I was a kid).

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I do not see any of these guys going back into full recurring character mode on the show again; the main-to secondary cast is big enough already. I do think it's nice that they've recasted most of them should they want to include them in a viral video or something.
Even if these characters appeared just once a year in a YouTube video or something it would be so dope.

Why Sherry Netherland, though? Who even remembers her?
I am a member of MC (the largest base of Muppet fanatics on earth) and have never even seen this character in my life. I had seen the Old MacDonald puppet, but didn't know that was his name.

datman24

Reaction score
I'll probably tune into this special myself. I tuned to the last anniversary special they did, so it makes sense I see this one, too. So far, this doesn't look as though that they will be making one singular red monster... I mean, character as the focus of the special. They definitely went in all fan service on this, so I hope it is as good as its trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.