"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, we could say the same for Herry, or Mumford, or other characters of his that were gradually being retired.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I mean, we could say the same for Herry, or Mumford, or other characters of his that were gradually being retired.
It seems like they kept using Mr. Johnson a lot even when Frank wasn’t there

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And interestingly, it seemed like when they started doing new Grover/Johnson bits is when Frank started performing Grover again when he'd make his annual returns to the show.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, I’m not going to lie..... I didn’t think Harvey was going to be used again since he already cameo’d in season 40.... and hey, Captain Vegetable!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Part of me is upset these characters will only appear once and then never again. Like Captain Vegetable interacting with :search:? Why isn't this a thing more often.
I do not see any of these guys going back into full recurring character mode on the show again; the main-to secondary cast is big enough already. I do think it's nice that they've recasted most of them should they want to include them in a viral video or something.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
In the trailer for the specials dvd you see a whole bunch of the retired muppets

Harvey Kneeslapper, Sherry Netherland, Don Music, Sherlock Hemlock, Betty Lou, Little Bird, Old MacDonald, Roosevelt Franklin, Captain Vegetable, Biff, Sully, Lefty and The Countess

mbmfrog

Reaction score
In the trailer for the specials dvd you see a whole bunch of the retired muppets

Harvey Kneeslapper, Sherry Netherland, Don Music, Sherlock Hemlock, Betty Lou, Little Bird, Old MacDonald, Roosevelt Franklin, Captain Vegetable, Biff, Sully, Lefty and The Countess
They’re bringing all the stops for this one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why Sherry Netherland, though? Who even remembers her? Despite Kevin and Joey's departures, it seems like Humphrey, Ingrid, Natasha, and/or Benny would be more memorable characters to bring back for the occasion . . . even though, as I understand it, I think some of those puppets have been exported to international co-productions.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Why Sherry Netherland, though? Who even remembers her? Despite Kevin and Joey's departures, it seems like Humphrey, Ingrid, Natasha, and/or Benny would be more memorable characters to bring back for the occasion . . . even though, as I understand it, I think some of those puppets have been exported to international co-productions.
A friend of mine was at the workshop recently, he saw Humphrey stripped down. Basically only the eyes and nose remain of what was Humphrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.