"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
well, keep in mind that she was the owner of The Furry Arms Hotel therefore she was the most important part and it's important for them to leave some sort of tribute to Around the Corner

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
well, keep in mind that she was the owner of The Furry Arms Hotel therefore she was the most important part and it's important for them to leave some sort of tribute to Around the Corner
I remember on the older Palisades board someone asked about Around the Corner for the figure line. I believe an employee stated it wasn't going to happened because, it's too niche. I think the puppet was still usable and got included

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Why Sherry Netherland, though? Who even remembers her? Despite Kevin and Joey's departures, it seems like Humphrey, Ingrid, Natasha, and/or Benny would be more memorable characters to bring back for the occasion . . . even though, as I understand it, I think some of those puppets have been exported to international co-productions.
I have to admit that I am surprised with the return of this character for the 50th anniversary special.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Why y'all so focused on this one background cameo?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You’re asking a group of fans who get excited when they see the return of a character we haven’t seen in god knows how long? :skeptical:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the audience of the 90s and 80s when Frank’s and Jim’s characters were not on the street at all.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the audience of the 90s and 80s when Frank’s and Jim’s characters were not on the street at all.
Yeah now that I recall it was kind of tough seeing none of Cookie, Grover, Ernie and Bert in the 90's outside of their respective shorts and not in the street stories. One could say that maybe Jim's death have something to do with Frank not having it all when it came to Sesame Street and the Muppets. I mean he would do it, but not as much as we have hoped.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Truth be told, I don't think I ever even questioned it, let alone noticed that Jim and Frank's characters were hardly - if ever - seen on the actual street.

Status
Not open for further replies.