Questions about anything

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't really know of such a movie, however, when you said weird creature with eyeballs attached to its hands, I immediately thought of Krumm from AAAHH!!! REAL MONSTERS.
I loved AAAHH!!! Real Monsters when I was a kid lol.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So Shane apparently rewatched EIG and is making adjustments related to it on the Wiki. One of them is changing the page for the Grouch Cab Driver to say his performer is Bill Barretta, not Kevin Clash like it says in the credits. Can you guys hear it?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So Shane apparently rewatched EIG and is making adjustments related to it on the Wiki. One of them is changing the page for the Grouch Cab Driver to say his performer is Bill Barretta, not Kevin Clash like it says in the credits. Can you guys hear it?
It doesn’t really sound like Bill to me, I’m curious if it’s Kirk

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Watching and listening with headphones, it does seem very probable that the voice was dubbed in, since it doesn't match the lip syncing, but not, it definitely doesn't sound like Bill.

Actually, it almost sounds a little like John Ratzenberger, even though it clearly isn't.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It sounds much more like Bill than Kevin to me. There's another line Bill dubs somewhere else ("I'd love to, but I don't speak English."), so it seems entirely plausible that Kevin did it on set, but then Bill redubbed the lines later.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I messaged Kirk Thatcher if he did the voice, I will let the wiki know if I got any information.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I asked Bill on Facebook, and he just doesn't remember. So I'm gonna believe Shane, he's almost always accurate when it comes to Muppet voice-chasing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
During the 1990s, I've seen a handful of fullframe VHS releases that at least started (and maybe also ended) in widescreen for the first and maybe last few minutes. Most notably, this was on the original VHS release of Mrs. Doubtfire as well as the Jim Henson Video release of The Dark Crystal (and both releases came out in 1994). Anybody happen to know why they had part of the releases be in widescreen before cropping to fullframe? Could there have been something in particular that they really wanted to show that would have been cut in fullframe? Could any of them have just been a programming error?

Hmm, and I'm thinking that for The Dark Crystal, a special boarder was used for the black bars. Not sure if those were in the original theatrical release or not, if they were created for the beginning of the video release, I don't think that would have been something we'd need widescreen for.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In video games, if you use codes/passwords, Game Genie, Game Shark, whatever, is it really fair to call it a “cheat code”? I don’t really think of it as cheating.

And the majority of games that I used Game Genie or whatever on, I still struggled to beat the game, there’s only a handful that I actually did manage to beat. I should probably say this in the “you know what...”thread, but recently I started wondering if that discourages cheating in video games (you cheat and then still can’t win).

And with all that in mind, whether it’s cheating to use codes, would it be cheating if you watch an entire video game play through on YouTube before playing the game? Or if you learn all the tricks and secrets from a video game magazine before you play it (or would that follow more under “studying”)?