Questions about anything

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I am curious about why Hooper’s wasn’t the central location for the film, I wonder if it was availability for Mr Handford’s actor
Well, David wasn't around for FTB and yet Hooper's was the main rendezvous point.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well, David wasn't around for FTB and yet Hooper's was the main rendezvous point.
Oh yeah, I forgot. Though since this is a question thread.

Is it because of Northern Calloway’s arrest, he wasn’t able to participate in FTB?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Him not being in FTB might've had something to do with his mental health, as his presence on the show was slowly waning. But, i'm pretty sure his arrest was in 1980

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Him not being in FTB might've had something to do with his mental health, as his presence on the show was slowly waning. But, i'm pretty sure his arrest was in 1980
I remember reading somewhere that his arrest may him ineligible To participate in the filming of FTB due to Canadian law or something. I was curious to know if anyone had the correct information

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TV Tropes says that Northern Calloway was not allowed to be in Follow That Bird due to it being done in Canada.

Regarding Elmo's World, it seems like the main 123 Sesame Street building (and to an extent around the corner) was the only regular place to be a central part of the film. The Fix-It Shop and Hooper's are both background. We get more time at places not normally seen on the show (Elmo's home, the laundromat, the inside of Oscar's can).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
All I know was that his physical and mental health was in a long slow decline during the 90s. The amazing thing was how well they kept it a secret. Around 1990, it was mentioned he went to live on his grandmother's farm for a while.The last time I saw him on the street, late 80s, he looked horrible. He was fat and bloated.In the 1999 Unpaved book, we found out Northern Calloway died. For ten years I was wondering where he went. It wasn't until after the books release details about his mental health, smashing windows, and running around naked came out. The Sesame people did a heck of a job keeping it hushed up.
One of my last memories of David- he did make it to Lou's and Maria's wedding, but they stuck him waaaaaaaaayyyyyy in the back. It was a little sad, for as long as they were on the show, David and Maria were the youngest adults, and they were inseparable. Now Maria is marrying Luis and David got kicked to the curb. Pity.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
David and Maria were the youngest adults, and they were inseparable. Now Maria is marrying Luis and David got kicked to the curb. Pity.
I remember the writers were considering having David and Maria marrying however, it was either due to explaining interracial couples or Northern Calloway’s health made them choose the choice of David

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to Caroll, the whole idea of Luis being the one Maria ended up marrying was Debbie's, because it showed that your first love isn't always your true love, or the same love you actually end up marrying (I guess something both Caroll and Debbie know from experience).

Even so, it was around that time that Northern ended up fancying Alison Barlett behind the scenes, and apparently even just popped up at her school, unannounced one day to propose her, much to her shock.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Even so, it was around that time that Northern ended up fancying Alison Barlett behind the scenes, and apparently even just popped up at her school, unannounced one day to propose her, much to her shock.
That was probably a huge problem with the PR department