Questions about anything

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
a game genie/gameshark, yes, that is indeed cheating, because they activate functions that are not naturally in the games, and because they essentially altar the game's code itself as the game is loaded. You can seriously permanently screw up your games if you misuse them. i guess in that case its more of a moral issue, though i dont see a problem with it if its a single player game and you dont use it to screw over other people in multiplayer.

game that have built in cheat codes like a password screen, thats different, as that is a function that the devs WANT you to use.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm at the point where Nintendo is offering save state features in their retro titles and I'm beginning to question if it's even "beating" the game anymore.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If Game Genies actually damaged cartridges, then I am lucky and thankful none of my cartridges were damaged (though I haven’t played any of them in the past two decades).

huh, never really thought about using Game Genie codes in multi-player competitive games. In those kinds of games I’m more likely to see the ending even if I lose. It’s the“narrative” games that I’m more interested in using codes to get to the end of.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is the first I’ve heard that.

could it be a case for the word being “corrected” in auto correct (depending on whether you’ve only seen it written online).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, a lot of people are using it on the internet and especially social media these days. Like, say if you're a fan of Jim Henson, instead you would say you're "Henson-Stan" or "Jim-Stan" or "Jim Henson-Stan."

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
i hear it / use it mostly used in this context: "we STAN jim henson" or something like that