Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There’s this one Garfield comic strip I’m trying to figure out the punchline on. It was reprinted into the book Garfield Rolls On, and was part of an arc where Garfield and Jon visit Jon’s family. The strip is dated September 1, 1984.

in the strip, Jon says to Garfield “I’m worried. My grandfather was bald, my dad is bald, and my brother is balding”, to which Garfield tells Jon not to worry before remarking that Jon is probably adopted.

so what is the joke/insult? Is he saying that Jon is too dumb/pathetic to be part of the family? Is he saying that Jon is too smart to be in the family? The family seems to be just as competent as Jon, Is he saying they are idiotic but Jon is more idiotic? Is it just an insult to adopted people, without any real point?

Years ago I saw a list article on the oddest Garfield strips, I don’t think this one was included, but I feel maybe it should have been.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So the only browsers I have are Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Can anyone recommend a browser where HBO Go works smoothly? I wanna be able to watch the big Sesame Anniversary special tomorrow night without having to go to "Continue watching" every 30 seconds.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So the only browsers I have are Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Can anyone recommend a browser where HBO Go works smoothly? I wanna be able to watch the big Sesame Anniversary special tomorrow night without having to go to "Continue watching" every 30 seconds.
You don’t have HBO?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since when was GREEN EGGS AND HAM turned into a series? And how could a single plot that was covered in such a short book be adapted into an episodic series? What, does Sam I Am just go to some completely different stranger in each and every episode and try to force-feed green eggs and ham onto them? Wouldn't that get old, repetitive, and stale really quickly?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Since when was GREEN EGGS AND HAM turned into a series? And how could a single plot that was covered in such a short book be adapted into an episodic series? What, does Sam I Am just go to some completely different stranger in each and every episode and try to force-feed green eggs and ham onto them? Wouldn't that get old, repetitive, and stale really quickly?
Looking it up, it actually takes place after the book and follows Sam-I-Am and Guy-Am-I on an adventure to rescue a rare "Chickeraffe" that was liberated from a zoo, all as a girl tries to adopt it and a poacher tries to capture it. No force feeding of green foods down anyone's throats, as far as I'm concerned. :big_grin:

It's like the Amazon Prime cartoon of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie in that it follows the mouse and his friends (the animals from the sequel books) and their exploits together, so they don't mooch off their owners like they did in the books. In other words, it's borderline in-name-only.

Last edited:

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
When Sesame Street season 51 debuts on HBO Max, are they gonna air it all at once, or individual episodes per week?

Any Del

Reaction score
Has anyone ever driven on a highway before? If so was it scary? Reason I asked is because I want to drive on a highway some day but I am apprehensive about it due to many accidents that occur on them.