Please Read

datman24

Reaction score
Now, I may be new here, and maybe it isn't my business to discuss such matters since I have only been posting on this forum for over a week now, but the activity that I have seen here thus far, is far more lively and active than most internet forums these days. There have been many once-lively and active forums on the web that have now gotten to the state where they are mostly devoid of any activity thanks to the rise of social media. I am sure there was a time when there was far more daily activity here than there is now, but the fact there is still some daily activity on these forums is nothing short but a miracle. Most internet forums nowadays have entire days where there is no activity at all. I have witnessed a number of internet forums go from having an entire community of people discussing various things on a day-to-day basis, to just two or three people that are still active on those forums. What I am trying to say is that, even if you do not like they way things are around here, you should be grateful of the amount of activity you still have on a daily basis. Other forums have not been so lucky.

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
No one said that’s a bad thing. In fact, that’s more incentive than anything else on why the admin needs to get his act together.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
He also starts discussion threads for the new Muppet Babies episodes (is that still a thing?), and has been a bit more active on the forum lately.

Now, I may be new here, and maybe it isn't my business to discuss such matters since I have only been posting on this forum for over a week now, but the activity that I have seen here thus far, is far more lively and active than most internet forums these days. There have been many once-lively and active forums on the web that have now gotten to the state where they are mostly devoid of any activity thanks to the rise of social media. I am sure there was a time when there was far more daily activity here than there is now, but the fact there is still some daily activity on these forums is nothing short but a miracle. Most internet forums nowadays have entire days where there is no activity at all. I have witnessed a number of internet forums go from having an entire community of people discussing various things on a day-to-day basis, to just two or three people that are still active on those forums. What I am trying to say is that, even if you do not like they way things are around here, you should be grateful of the amount of activity you still have on a daily basis. Other forums have not been so lucky.
This x1000, especially for something as sporadic as the Muppets are nowadays. We should also be grateful that Phil doesn't owe us anything but is paying his dues (literally) to keep this forum running.

I also can't help but imagine him rolling his eyes at all these newbies telling him how to run his site that he's been running for longer than some of them have been alive.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I also can't help but imagine him rolling his eyes at all these newbies telling him how to run his site that he's been running for longer than some of them have been alive.

Mate. We are the next generation of muppet fans. When you lot go. We will be left and if we leave it MC will die We want to try and help make things better. And just because we are younger than Phillip or yourself doesn't mean we don't get an opinion??

Old Thunder

Reaction score
This x1000, especially for something as sporadic as the Muppets are nowadays. We should also be grateful that Phil doesn't owe us anything but is paying his dues (literally) to keep this forum running.

I'd be with you all the way on any other forum, but...

I honestly have no idea why he hasn't addressed any of this.
...this is the big problem. An admin who never really interacts with his members, doesn't respond to his messages, etc... I'd get it if he's busy, but he's got enough time to warn us about MC Radio's future and tell us the newest Sesame Street episode that's out. Surely there's some time he could put into just responding to some of our stuff?

I don't care what he says and I'd take it too, including banning me for speaking out or whatever. But he needs to actually say something, and that's my major issue. It's like we don't even have an admin at all and are just Muppet fans wandering around in the desert talking to each other but never really doing or getting much else out of the site.

It's his site, yes, but man, I wish he would actually act like it was.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Pretty much what Thunder said.

Here’s something i’ve learned. Part of what makes something good is when the owner actually cares and listens to what their crew has to say.

A good boss makes a good job. A good admin makes a good website. Let me tell you. Back when the state of the world thread existed and also back in the stupid true colors thread, there were days I actually felt scared commenting on those threads without feeling like I was being talked down to or had personal attacks thrown at me. I’m sure many people probably felt that way when the Trump thread existed in 2016.

I even felt that way with the Steve thread. I would have loved to contribute more in that thread back in the summer of ‘17, but there were at least two or three bad apples with an annoying “My opinion is right and yours is wrong” attitude that talked down on people over the fact that they felt Steve’s firing was unfair.

You want to know what’s even sadder? I’m willing to bet the last person who was ever banned from Muppet central was Mike Benedict. And that’s nearly 10 years ago now.

The fact that Phillip was able to sleep through all the drama that was going on in those threads amazes me. It’s really sad how right now, the only way we can show that actions have consequences is slapping people on the wrist or deleting threads entirely.

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
Mate. We are the next generation of muppet fans. When you lot go. We will be left and if we leave it MC will die We want to try and help make things better. And just because we are younger than Phillip or yourself doesn't mean we don't get an opinion??
Dude, I dont know why you are making this generational. This is a Muppet fan site. You have no claim tonit, regardless if your age. Philip doesnt not owe you or anyone else anything. Yes, post what issues you have, but if they dont get addressed move on, start your own site. This has nothing to do with the age of the fans.