Please Read

Old Thunder

Reaction score
To @Phillip :

For several years, Muppet Central - both website and forum - has stagnated. News articles are never updated, complaints have been shoved aside, and the only thing that's actually happened is a bunch of pointless thread deletions that have only added fuel to the fire. We are all tired of nothing being done, and for the last hour I've been swamped with a bunch of people talking about a "revolution" or what have you.

You can't just let your forum wither away like this while you do nothing. @The Count has done the best he can to keep things running, but they aren't. Tensions have risen drastically. Users are finally sick of it all. Give other people staff powers, make the forum more accessible to use, do something.

We have discussed starting an entirely new forum and abandoning MC altogether. That's not the preferred option, but if necessary, then so be it. Man to man, user to user, admin to admin, fix your forum.

Thanks,
David

dwayne1115

Reaction score
To @Phillip :

For several years, Muppet Central - both website and forum - has stagnated. News articles are never updated, complaints have been shoved aside, and the only thing that's actually happened is a bunch of pointless thread deletions that have only added fuel to the fire. We are all tired of nothing being done, and for the last hour I've been swamped with a bunch of people talking about a "revolution" or what have you.

You can't just let your forum wither away like this while you do nothing. @The Count has done the best he can to keep things running, but they aren't. Tensions have risen drastically. Users are finally sick of it all. Give other people staff powers, make the forum more accessible to use, do something.

We have discussed starting an entirely new forum and abandoning MC altogether. That's not the preferred option, but if necessary, then so be it. Man to man, user to user, admin to admin, fix your forum.

Thanks,
David
Wow! We are having this discussion again? I don't understand why we have this topic rear it's ugly head ever so often. Yes I completely agree the website to the forum needs a major overhaul, but I just don't see anything like that happening any time soon. I mean the lack of content on the site is the reason for the creation of The Muppet Mindset, so if you want to have up to date atricals and interviews that's where to go.
MC's two main focuses are Radio and the forum. So if anything we would really only need more staff with more power for the forum, since the radio seems to be doing fine.
If there is a member who is giving another member grief simply block and report, it's not the perfect solution but it's what we've got. Starting a revolt of any kind is defenetly not the answer.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Wow! We are having this discussion again? I don't understand why we have this topic rear it's ugly head ever so often. Yes I completely agree the website to the forum needs a major overhaul, but I just don't see anything like that happening any time soon. I mean the lack of content on the site is the reason for the creation of The Muppet Mindset, so if you want to have up to date atricals and interviews that's where to go.
MC's two main focuses are Radio and the forum. So if anything we would really only need more staff with more power for the forum, since the radio seems to be doing fine.
If there is a member who is giving another member grief simply block and report, it's not the perfect solution but it's what we've got. Starting a revolt of any kind is defenetly not the answer.

For a lot of younger members MC is boring. It has nothing exciting to offer. The mods aren't listening to feedback. And many younger members (myself included) are bored and want change. And we believe this is the only way Ed and Phillip are going to listen to us

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Muppet Central needs to revamp with new blood at the helm. We are working towards a better forum and I'm afraid if that Muppet central may die and the mods are just watching from a distance

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
but the only person who has any kind of power to solve these problems refuses to actually do anything. we can beg for something to change but if the admin doesnt care about the forum, why should we?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm going to be a pseudo-pacifist here, and say that we should also take the time to acknowledge that both Phillip and Cindy have a busy life going on right now, what with raising a family and everything, and that we should take that into consideration.

At the same time, however, it's that very reason why Phil really needs to take into very, very much-needed consideration that he bring on additional help around here. An absentee captain and a lonely first mate does not make for a tight ship.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
For a lot of younger members MC is boring. It has nothing exciting to offer. The mods aren't listening to feedback. And many younger members (myself included) are bored and want change. And we believe this is the only way Ed and Phillip are going to listen to us
What would make MC less boring?