Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Heh, that's a very cute-sounding commercial, Kate! Thanks for sharing it... I can definitely see how it reminded you of this sketch and this thread!! :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet said:
Wow, I can't believe this thread has gotten so long!
Yeah, really... but I gotta say, I'm proud of Marty for his crazy thread here, and of course I'm proud of our silly little piggies for inspiring all us posters so! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The piggies and I don't like to brag at all but we're all so very pleased with this silly thread and wish to thank you all for your support. :smile:

The Goat: Hey what about me?
Marty: I'm sorry but you were only a behind-the-scenes contributer to the sketch. The piggies were the real stars.
The Goat: It's not fair. I'll form a protest campaign. If I don't get proper recognition for my part in the sketch I'll sue for every penny you've got.
Marty: My my. This is quite a mad goat. Do you think he'll make progress getting people to support his campaign?

Skye

Reaction score
Haha, a mad goat, indeed! But he's also an evil goat. :wink:

Sorry my dear odd little goat, but I've gotta support our piggies on this one! Who knows... he may find someone else who'll support his campaign, though! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Hey all!

Y'know, I just saw this skit yesterday and I didn't like it too much, I thought it was kinda dark. I mean, the pig falling, and the screaming, eww...lol But it was cute, and the goat was like a sadist or something...he enjoyed killing the innocent hiker pigs..
You're right Caroline. We must stand by our piggies. And I'm sure that Nick will be on our side as well.
From what he says in his post he did think it was cute but he obviously majorly sympathised with our piggies. He rightfully calls the goat a sadist. He's a mad, evil sadist so we can't possibly support him for enjoying what he did to our piggy friends can we? Even if it was part of the sketch that still cannot justify our supporting him, right?:wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Darn right! :wink: I gotta say, I love how we're all on the same page, supporting our piggies here! :big_grin:

Maaan, talk about one crazy goat! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
And I. Hear hear!
:crazy: Oops, that's for the goat. The piggies are:
:smile:
:cool:
I take it you mean the goat gets the crazy smilie. Well you're right Kate that certainly suits him. The piggies are definitely the cool ones and I'll try to come up with another new sketch for them soon.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
BTW Here's something really cute indeed.

Once when I was living in my old small country town before I moved to my current city I had a young girl from my current church then of about 13 with me while her mother was chatting in the kitchen with my mother. I suggested to her she might like to see a portion of a Muppet Show I had on tape and she agreed so she sat down in front of the television screen while I put it on.

When it began she said, "They sing funny." Then when she saw the pig on the end looking down she said, "Do they fall off the mountain?"
I said, "Wait and see."
And when he fell she cried, "That wouldn't be funny if it really happened."
She started to say it again so I politely shushed her and said, "Listen to this."
When she heard what the other two said she turned to me with her fingers upon her chin saying, "Watch your step."
I asked, "Do you get it?"
"Yeah. I get it. It's funny."
By this time they were singing the second chorus and she pointed to the second pig crying, "And now he falls down," just before he did so. And when the last pig didn't fall she asked, "Do they all fall off in the end?" Again I told her to wait and see and when the boulders claimed him as he sang "Beneath the clear blue skyyyyyy!" she said, "He's beneath a lot more than just the sky, isn't he?"

Afterwards I said something I was thinking about sharing here in January, but I'm so excited about it I'm sharing it now. As a young boy I had always had a thing for some reason of imagining that sketch with the characters being of the opposite gender. I asked her if she thought it would be interesting to see that mountain sketch done using female climbers to which she replied. "No! Not at all Martin!" But she wasn't really upset. She said it with a smile.

I really don't know why I thought such a thing however that sketch probably could have worked successfully in that form but because most Muppeteers were male in the first place and for another thing, mountain-climbing is stereotyped as a man's sport I can understand why they used male characters.

So how do you like this charming little story? :smile:
You know, Fran Barell was around back then, But she was on Sesame Steet. But she could have been the third pig, too. I think if the pigs were female,they might have to chage the humor a little bit. Chrales Shults said it best when he said the females just don't make funny physical humor when it involves being serously hurt. But it's always funny when it happens to a guy. But I think that you could make it work, though.