Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Ha, the "Yellow Submarine" one is awesome, Marty!! Very good, and I can totally imagine it! Very fabulous! :big_grin:

Now, I'm not sure how I feel about our piggies having a falling out like that. It's perfect the way it would be handled, but I love the friendship our piggies have and the way they always seem to stick together through thick and thin! It's... part of their charm! :wink: But I am positive that if you did do something with that, you would handle it juuuust right!

I can't wait to see how you would do outlines in the styles of the other seasons, too. That would be awesome!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes that would be awesome. I also understand what you said about our piggies friendship charm. I really do agree at heart.
I imagine that deep down none of them would really mean what they said and when the guest star has brought them to their senses they all apologize to each other linking themselves into a circle group hug and proclaiming out loud in unison "You two are my very best friends". :big_grin:

A perfect setting for leading into the big happy Friendship finale number wouldn't you agree Caroline? :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, awwww, that would be sooooooo cute!!!! :big_grin:

Most definitely the perfect setting to jump headfirst into the finale, you betcha!!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I like it too. It makes me wish they really had been a distinct re-curring trio though they did re-cur no doubt in group pig scenes.
But even if they weren't named they'd have been perfect as a set trio maybe even in some non-musical sketches as well. The possibilities are endless.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's an idea for one that could have a Christmas theme to the episode maybe with Bing Crosby from the movie "White Christmas" as guest star.
It would mostly be sung by them with no nervous events but with a shocking, upsetting ending.

The Three Piggies sing "Santa Claus is coming to Town"

The setting is a cosy, cottage with a great big fireplace and a large Christmas tree and other decorations. The piggies sit in comfy chairs together sharing a bottle of wine and sing together in festive harmony.
"You'd better watch out. You'd better not cry. You'd better not pout. We're telling you why. Santa Claus is coming to town.
He's making a list and checking it twice. Gonna find out who's naughty and nice. Santa Claus is coming to town.
Third Pig: He sees you when you're sleeping.
Leader Pig: He knows when you're awake.
Second Pig: He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake.
They all start to sing again when there is a scuffling from the chimney capturing their attention.
"You'd better watch out. You'd better not-huh?"
They turn and anxiously watch as a figure dressed in a red suit climbs down the chimney with its back to them. The Leader pig goes slowly over to the figure with the other two following behind him.
Leader Pig: Why Santa Claus, you have arrived.
"Santa" turns around revealing himself to be Gorgon Heap and seizes the Leader piggie.
Gorgon: Wrong! Santa JAWS has arrived!
He starts to eat the terrified piggy while his buddies scream in terror, turn and run right through the cottage walls leaving two piggy-shaped holes as they flee.
Gorgon meanwhile finishes eating his piggy and pats his stomach burping.
Gorgon: Merry Christmas to all and to all a good fright.

How's that one eh?:big_grin:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see what ideas you come up with in the future! Thanks!

Skye

Reaction score
Haha, very creative, Marty!! I like it! :big_grin:
Bill Bubble Guy said:
...But even if they weren't named they'd have been perfect as a set trio maybe even in some non-musical sketches as well. The possibilities are endless.
You're absolutely right. They're a pretty cool little group of piggies who are very versatile and could be used for sooo many different things! :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Very good on that last one Marty!
:cool: Wow, I can't believe this thread has gotten so long!
:crazy: Yes BTW, I love little smiley characters. Anyway, here's my true story from last night.

I was watching TV, and I saw a commercial I had never seen before. It was a Chips Ahoy choc chip cookie commercial, (not sure they have these overseas). Anyway, it is these four cookies driving in a little car, and singing the song 'Don't You Want Me Baby/?' Every time they sing the chorus, a human hand is seen reaching down and snatching one up. At the end of the song there is one cookie left in the car. He looks around, notices his buddies are gone, and starts to sing a bit nerveously, not unlike the last pig in the sketch. Then, finally, he is snatched up, and presumeably eaten. Needless to say, this thread was the first thing I thaught of, along with the original sketch itself. So, has anyone else seen this? I thaught it was cute.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Very cute indeed Kate. I don't think we have them in Australia but I can imagine what it must look like. :big_grin:

Amazing what things can remind us of this crazy sketch. :wink: