Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Alright!!!!!!! Yay, crazed gonzo fa!!!! Totally awesome job!! :excited:

And, here's to 500 more!!!!! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Oh yes. That's our goal. We simply have to reach 1000 posts :big_grin:

And on the way I'm going to post some ideas for other sketches with the piggies that I could transfer into season 4 style TMS outlines in the future. Well, why not? :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And here's the first one. :big_grin:

The Three Piggies sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

The setting is a jungle with great big trees and shrubs.
The Piggies can be heard singing "Wim-a-way-a" over and over in the background and as they slowly appear dressed in jungle explorer outfits.
Finishing the "Wim-a-waying" they turn towards the camera and begin to sing together.
"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.
In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lion sleeps tonight."
Just as they all begin to sing the chorus a coconut falls on each of their heads. "Weee-" BONK!
They all rub their heads and groan in pain. Their leader looks up and says "Let's move away from the coconut trees."
They all move away to an open area singing again.
"Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight.
Near the village, the quiet village, the lion sleeps tonight.'
Suddenly a whole heap of coconuts comes flying at them from the trees all around pummeling them. "Weee-" BONK BONK BUMP BANG
Their pain turns to confusion and nervousness as they tremble and turn back to back in a circle singing awkwardly
"Hush my darling, don't cry my darling, the lion sleeps tonight. Oooohh.
Hush my darling, don't fear my darling, heh the lion sleeps tonight." They raise their arms above their heads as they prepare to sing and to their relief no coconuts come flying as they sing the chorus.
"Weeeeeeeeeeeee-wee-a-wim-a -way! Weeeeeeeeee-wee-a-wim-a-way!"
They start to sing the wim-a-ways like at the beginning when suddenly a bunch of monkeys spring out of nowhere and start poking and punching them and they run away screaming.
When they're gone a lion with pyjamas and a crown on his head appears and says to one monkey "Thank you kindly. How am I supposed to get my sleep with invaders disturbing the peace around here?"
"You're most welcome your majesty." says the monkey.

More to come whenever I think of them. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Ha! Totally awesome, Marty!! And very creative. I love it!! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thanks Caroline. I'm toying with other ideas and when I have a perfect song for a perfect sketch I'll post it too.

And you know I think even our three little piggies would be delighted if, no when we reach our 1000th post. They would surely say "How wonderful to have our dark classic humour sketch given such a hilarious tribute." :big_grin:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Awesome sketch Marty! Kindy reminisent(spelling?) of that Wayne and Wanda sketch you made a while back.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes that's right. Although as Gorgon Heap pointed out to me Wayne and Wanda would never do rock songs seriously.
But I think our piggies could have it in their unlucky repertoire. I'll come up with another ASAP :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Oh, you bet. And ya know, our three piggies would be so surprised and honored that they inspired all of us here to be able to make it to 1000 posts! :big_grin:

Awwwesome; I can't wait to hear your other ideas!!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Okay here's another one. :big_grin:

The Three Piggies sing "Let's Go Fly a Kite"

The setting is an open area of beautiful country with trees and flowers and bright green grass. The piggies appear carrying an enormous kite between them and holding it in their hands they sing happily at the camera.
"With tuppence for paper and strings,
you can have your own set of wings.
With your feet on the ground you're a bird in flight
with your fist holding tight to the string of your kite."
Threading it out between them they send it rising up but while they sing the chorus the wind keeps pulling them wildly back and forth.
"Oh-oh-oh, let's go fly a kiiii
Up to the highest hiiiii
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaaaaa
Up through the atmospheeeeee
Up where the air is cleeeeee
Oh let's go fly a kiiiiii"
The wind dies down a little as they nervously sing the other verse the middle one saying beforehand "What were we saying about your feet on the ground?"
Leader Pig: "Heh-heh. When you send it flying up there, all at once you're lighter than air."
Middle Pig: :You can dance on the breeze over houses and trees. Whimper. I hope so."
End Pig: "With your fist holding tight (very tightly) to the string of your kite.
Leader: "Gulp. Hang on tightly with both fists fellas. Here we go again."
They go through the same routine the wind blowing them completely away at the end this time.
"Let's go fly a kiiiii
Up to the highest hiiii
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaaaa
Up through the atmospheeeee
Up where the air is cleeeeee
Oh let's go fly a kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"
They are blown offscreen and there is an enormous splashing sound and the camera cuts to a scene of the three buddies helping each other climb out of a small river nearby where a duck quacks inquisitively at them as if it wonders what they were doing diving into the water like that.

How do you like this one?

Skye

Reaction score
Heh, this one is really awesome, too! You're coming up with such a great variation of different situations and scenarios already! Love it! :big_grin: