Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Incidentally when Mum was recently visiting me yesterday and we were watching the Tezuka movie "Jungle Emperor Leo" there was a sequence towards the end of it where the insane villian was leading his henchmen to the place where the prized treasure was located in an effort to beat the goodies to it. And he was losing his men in accidents on the way through Swamp and other dangerous terrain. At one point he was leading four of his men along a rock ledge with roaring rapids below. At one point they had to jump over a small gap in the ledge. The last one reaches the other side but slips on loose pebbles at the edge and falls into the water presumably being drowned, never even seen surfacing once. When the leader sees this he says "Sheesh. Watch your step." in an exasperated tone as if he's getting tired of losing his men.

As soon as I heard him say that I was reminded about our sketch in some ways. The implied fatal death, the cautionary sentence quoted and all the others not really giving much thought to their unfortunate colleague but steadfastly ploughing ahead determinedly.

It's remarkable what I can come across to keep this thread going isn't it? I hope this will grow for a good while yet before running out of steam. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Heh, it's amazing how many things we so easily run into that remind us of this crazy sketch! Aw, don't you worry... I'm sure this thread will last for a very long time! :big_grin: It's been doing pretty darn well recently, that's for sure!

Oh and by the way, I don't think you'll have any trouble staying that silly sweet evil goat that we do appreciate so much! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
:big_grin: Why thank you Caroline. I only aim to please. Aim so very carefully at the back of your legs to please myself when I hear you scream as you realize you're a goner. Serves you right for trespassing on my mountain, you dir.....

Oh shut your mouth. You're not giving me a bad name Larty:mad:

Sorry it's that terrible twin of mine Larty again. He can't stop trying to blame me for his own trouble-making. Some goats just never learn:rolleyes:

Skye

Reaction score
Oh man, that silly Larty. You gotta watch out for him! Try to keep him away from our cute female piggy climbers please. Sheeeeesh, I tell ya! :wink: So now we gotta watch out for loose rocks and that evil twin o' yours, huh?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It looks like it I'm afraid:sympathy: but as far as Larty goes it's all right.
I'll lock him up in his room inside our cave so all you'll need to do is to be very careful of the loose rocks. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
In fact I've just thought of it. I can show you an alternative track on the other side of our mountain. The view isn't quite as spectacular. But there are no treacherous places for you to slip on. Just take your time slowly and carefully and it will be just fine and dandy.:smile:

You knew I was a sweetie goat, didn't you?:flirt:

Skye

Reaction score
Yay!! That sounds so great. See Marty, I knew you'd have a great idea for how to take care of it and of us! You sure are the sweetest goat. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's something I hope the three of you like very well. We're going to perform the sketch.:excited:

camera shot of Caroline, Kate and heralde climbing up the mountain. Caroline turns and nods at her buddies encouragingly though heralde is peering down a little nervously
all: We love to go a-wandering along the mountain track and as we go we love to sing. Our knapsacks on our backs.
heralde: Val-de-ri
Caroline: Val-de-ra
Kate: Val-de-ra
heralde: Val-de-aaaaaaaahhhhh!
Caroline and Kate: Uh-oh!
Caroline: Watch your step!
Kate: Yeah! Yeah!
they climb up higher and Caroline holds up the rope to verify it's firm and secure while Kate nods assured at it
both: High overhead the skylarks wing. They never rest at home. But just like us they love to sing, as o'er the world we roam.
Caroline: Val-de-ri
Kate: Val-de-ra
Caroline: Val-de-ra
Kate: Val-de-aaaaaaahhhhhh!
Caroline climbs up by herself trembling and sobbing as she tries to sing
O may I go a-wandering until the day I die. O may I always laugh and sing heh-heh beneath the clear, blue skye
Val-de-ri
Val-de-ra
Val-de-ra
she begins to sing with renewed enthusiasm holding on tight and leaning back
Val-de-ahahahahaha!
Val-de-ri
Val-de-ra
two big boulders run over her as she sings
Beneath the clear, blue skyeeeeeeeeeeee!

Marty sticks his head up laughing evilly then waves down to the girls as heralde and Kate lift the fake boulders off Caroline where she's lying upon the big, soft, bouncy mattress on stage for them to fall in. They wave back up and smile. The sketch has been performed with nothing going wrong at all.:wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Awww!! Heh, I love our sketch! It's so cute! Definitely just the way I (and most likely heralde and Kate also) would love for it to go! Awesome job with it, Marty! :big_grin:

And with Marty's permission (heh :wink:) I have made the 450th post in this thread! Yaaaayyy!!!!!!!! :excited: