Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fan said:
Congrats Marty, you've posted the 250th post on this thread!
Ya know cgf. I recently glanced back over this entire thread and I realized that I also posted the 150th post as well. Isn't that remarkable:excited:

I wonder if I can make special bookings ahead for post number 350? :wink: :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And here's a little joke that I've already posted in the corny joke thread but I think it would be appropriate to post it in here as well:smile:

A male and a female mountain climber had just finished reaching the top of a very high mountain and were resting with their knapsacks by their feet. Their buddy, another male climber was just preparing to finish his climb and join them when suddenly he fell screaming to his death.
The female climber cried "Oh good heavens. The rope has come undone and Jack is falling off the mountain. Poor Jack. He's a goner."
And the other male climber added "Oh poor Jack indeed. But you had better watch your step very closely when we're ready to climb back down....Jill."

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Sure that's not the way real climbers would have done it. But it's perfectly normal for muppet pigs to delay their grief like that. After all they're weird creatures aren't they?
Ha, you betcha! Finding a "normal" Muppet pig would be quite the difficult task, I'd bet! Heck, finding a "normal" Muppet of any kind would be darn near impossible... and that's the way we like it! :wink:

Bill Bubble Guy said:
A male and a female mountain climber had just finished reaching the top of a very high mountain and were resting with their knapsacks by their feet. Their buddy, another male climber was just preparing to finish his climb and join them when suddenly he fell screaming to his death.
The female climber cried "Oh good heavens. The rope has come undone and Jack is falling off the mountain. Poor Jack. He's a goner."
And the other male climber added "Oh poor Jack indeed. But you had better watch your step very closely when we're ready to climb back down....Jill."
Oh my gosh. :stick_out_tongue: Great joke, I loved it! :big_grin: And perfect for this thread, too.

And Marty, I think you absolutely should shoot for making the 350th post. You've got quite the streak going!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
All rightie Caroline. As challenging as it is thinking up new quirks to add to this thread or even new comments upon the sketch itself I love this thread so much that I shall endeavour to keep it ever on-going even if what I say is absolutely sheer nonsense :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And BTW I did make up that "Jack and Jill" joke myself. I'm pleased about it too. :big_grin:

And see I'm keeping the thread alive by posting this line separate :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
Ha, you betcha! Finding a "normal" Muppet pig would be quite the difficult task, I'd bet! Heck, finding a "normal" Muppet of any kind would be darn near impossible... and that's the way we like it! :wink:
Well Sam the Eagle is a normal Muppet.
At least he likes to think he's normal. Not like all the rest of those weirdos as he calls them:attitude:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You know the link on youtube of the clip carries the title: The Muppets-Pigs and Goats.

Could there really have been goats plural even though we only see one stick his head up at the end?
Maybe there were two goats working together, one to bite through the rope at the same moment that the other sent the pigs falling to their death.
And two certainly would have been more powerful than one for starting those boulders rolling.:big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That's an interesting thought Marty! Surely if there was one goat there could have been more. How do we know he wasn't working alone? Boulders are heavy objects to move! Hmmm....

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
All rightie Caroline. As challenging as it is thinking up new quirks to add to this thread or even new comments upon the sketch itself I love this thread so much that I shall endeavour to keep it ever on-going even if what I say is absolutely sheer nonsense
Ahh, but it's all quality nonsense in here, so it's all good! :wink:

Bill Bubble Guy said:
And BTW I did make up that "Jack and Jill" joke myself. I'm pleased about it too.
I would be, too, if I were you! It's silly, weird and crazy. Perfect for being in here! :big_grin:

It's very possible that there was more than one goat, huh? Funny that we didn't think of that before. Or rather, that you didn't think of it before, Marty, since you are the ringleader around here. :wink: Wonder how many goats there would've been..... two or more? I think I will join in on the chorus of "hmmmmmm's" around here!