Old Nickelodeon

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Though I do know with some franchises, they still have to get permission from some creators. I know that Danny was pitch a reboot idea for EEnE and shot it down

Any Del

Reaction score
Cartoon Network care more about Teen Titans Go than their enormous library of shows they have in the vaults.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I am still shocked that Fosters Home got pops, but I am not complaining.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised that neither Dexter or KND have gotten any kind of reboots, considering they were two of CN's juggernauts back in the day. KND could seriously have like a "next generation" reboot with the children of the original KND team carrying on their chapter of the organization.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
WB & Cartoon Network are not interested in the KND franchise at all. Even Tom Warburton couldn’t get them on board for a reboot.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Which is weird, because unlike most other Cartoon Cartoons of the time, KND was promoted and advertised out the wazoo even before the series began airing - I vaguely even remember, somehow, KND activity packs were distributed throughout our school in the weeks leading up to the premiere . . . you would've thought they desperately wanted this show to be a huge hit - and it was at the time, when you consider it was one of the few CN originals to last beyond the typical 4-season/52-episode contractual run, plus specials! Up until then, the only time I remember any Cartoon Cartoon actually getting a special outside of the series proper was A JOHNNY BRAVO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL, which marked the return of Van Partible and reverting back to his original style from Season 1 and the preceding pilots.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember my school having those KND activity packs.... honestly that was easily one of my favorite CN shows back in the day. Numbah 4 was easily my fave.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ehh, we kinda derailed this topic from old school Nickelodeon to old school Cartoon Network, so to get back on track, whenever I end up seeing Butch Hartman is trending on social media again, the more I can't help but think about something: I'm sure I'm probably really overthinking things, but when you stop to think about it, both his and Chris Savino's careers are actually really eerily similar to one another's, with only some minor differences.

To elaborate. . . .

Although he already did some odd jobs for various different studios, Butch began making a name for himself while working for Cartoon Network as a writer and storyboard artist on shows like JOHNNY BRAVO and DEXTER'S LABORATORY. Although he already did some odd jobs at Nickelodeon beforehand, Chris began making a name for himself while working for Cartoon Network as a writer and storyboard artist on DEXTER'S LABORATORY and THE POWERPUFF GIRLS - and eventually completely took over both shows after Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken moved onto other projects.

During his time at CN, Butch made a number of What A Cartoon! pilots that never went to series like PFISH & CHIP (two of them in fact), HILLBILLY BLUE, and GRAMPS. During his time at CN, Chris made a Cartoon Cartoon pilot that never went to series: FOE PAWS.

After working on other shows, Butch finally got a show of his own when he went to Nickelodeon, THE FAIRLY ODD PARENTS; he soon had a string of successful shows on Nick afterwards, such as DANNY PHANTOM, T.U.F.F. PUPPY, and BUNSEN IS A BEAST. After working on other shows, Chris finally got a show of his own when he went to Nickelodeon, THE LOUD HOUSE, which quickly became the network's biggest hit since SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS.

For a while there, both Butch and Chris seemed like they were the posterboys for thriving creative talent at Nickelodeon, as even their smug self portraits seemed to illustrate. . . .

For unknown reasons, Butch is no longer working for Nickelodeon. After it was revealed that he was a sexual predator who harassed nearly a dozen women over a decade's span, Chris was fired and is no longer working for Nickelodeon.

Since then, Butch has turned to Christianity, and has been putting out Christian content on his YouTube channel as well as launching a Christian streaming service. Since then, Chris has turned to Christianity, and has been putting out Christian content in the form of a Sunday comic strip on Instagram.

One of the biggest differences between the two of them is while Butch continues to maintain a public image by basically showing the world what a troll he is by fooling his fans into supporting his content, while also ripping off other artists' works as commissions, Chris has been maintaining a low profile and basically sticking to his comics.

Neither of these dudes are cool, but perhaps maybe Butch ought to take a hint from Chris and just kind of fade into the woodwork . . . unless he just likes the attention he gets for being a troll, in which case, yeah, keep it up dude.

In all seriousness though, it's actually kind of unsettling just how many similarities there are with these two. You don't suppose they're really the same person just in two separate bodies do you?

datman24

Reaction score
Since then, Butch has turned to Christianity, and has been putting out Christian content on his YouTube channel as well as launching a Christian streaming service. Since then, Chris has turned to Christianity, and has been putting out Christian content in the form of a Sunday comic strip on Instagram.
Butch has always been into Christianity. It was only these last few years where people got to see him for who he really is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, I had forgotten about that.

On another note, I just thought of yet another similarity, albeit this one is more of a contrast: while Butch is doing commission work for his fans and other people since his career is clearly in the crapper at this point, even though Chris had reached the height of his career with TLH, he apparently was such a workaholic that he was also secretly doing other freelance work at the same time.