Old Nickelodeon

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean age catches up to your voice like that unfortunately, but yeah, I have noticed her Tommy voice has really changed drastically and it’s painfully obvious.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
When I met EG Daily at a con in 2019, she mentioned that she wasn’t contact yet but, she was more than willing to come back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's one of her most iconic roles, I'm sure she would've been on board if that and when that happened. I have to give it to some of these voice actors, just like certain Muppet Performers (Caroll Spinney), they have absolute dedication, and you gotta respect them for that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're being too hard on yourself; I'm sure you tried your best with the material you had to work with. :stick_out_tongue:

But in all seriousness, what even possessed Nick to think this would be a good idea anyway? When has the spin-off starring the best friend or sidekick of the main character ever worked? Second bananas are second bananas for a reason; when you try to make them the top banana, it just doesn't work.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
All it is is just a pure cash grab for ratings. It’s reasons like this why one of my favorite Nick cartoons I’d always look forward to seeing a new episode of in elementary school has continually been milked to death and ruined.

Seriously, the last time I ever remember feeling excited for new Spongebob material was the movie. 🤷🏿‍♂️

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll at least give CN some credit in this department . . . sure, there were certain shows they milked more than others, but at least when the creators and/or showrunners said enough was enough, then CN would mercifully end those shows before they passed their expiration dates.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'll at least give CN some credit in this department . . . sure, there were certain shows they milked more than others, but at least when the creators and/or showrunners said enough was enough, then CN would mercifully end those shows before they passed their expiration dates.
Except Powerpuff Girls, they are constantly milking that franchise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, the original 1998-2005 series ended after six seasons when both Craig McCracken and Chris Savino said it was time for it to end, but yeah, since then, I've lost count of how many reboots it's had - and that's not even taking into consideration the live action reboot that they're retooling right now. And honestly, with the exception of the recent STRAIGHT OUTTA NOWHERE crossover DVD, PPG seems to be the only IP CN is ever interested in rebooting.