Now what's going on with YouTube?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just go and search for them again; I haven't updated a "favorites" playlist since 2015.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not exactly effective if the videos are later made unlisted, or have had their titles or something edited, but whatevs.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In most cases, if I know it’s a video I like, I’ll give it a like and can look at it in the playlist.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Well, that's just lovely. :sympathy:

BTW, I just noticed that SS hasn't put up a video in a couple of weeks, and their Community page has been disabled. Are they trying to fight this COPPA bull or what?

EDIT: Turns out the disabling is done in conjunction with setting your channel to be for kids.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Guh...... this new update has just been irritating me to no end. Like, it’s bad enough a good portion of muppet videos and other children’s content videos I can’t comment on anymore with some cases on channels being completely inactive, but it’s also irritating with the fact that some cartoons that are clearly aimed for adults have been marked “for kids” because of YouTube’s **** algorithm. Not only that, but it basically irritates me that these comments are basically being treated like they may as well have never even been there to begin with. Now I can’t even look at my old cringey comments from my teen days back in the late 2000s.

To some folks who have their comments disabled on their videos like @hooperfan and @Oscarfan.... look, you guys know me. I don’t tell other folks what to do with their channels as it’s just general common sense like that, but I personally think you guys should consider setting your channels as not for kids as many of us enjoy commenting on your Sesame Street videos as we have in the past. Otherwise, I’ll let you guys decide what you want to do with your channels.

datman24

Reaction score
It's time like these where internet forums are more important now than they have ever been. Because if people cannot share their thoughts on certain children's content in the YouTube comments section, then maybe they will come crawling back to the internet forums and share their thoughts there, and maybe we'll see a revitalization of the internet forums through this (I doubt that will happen, but hey, I need find a way to spin this into a positive, somehow).

hooperfan

Reaction score
Guh...... this new update has just been irritating me to no end. Like, it’s bad enough a good portion of muppet videos and other children’s content videos I can’t comment on anymore with some cases on channels being completely inactive, but it’s also irritating with the fact that some cartoons that are clearly aimed for adults have been marked “for kids” because of YouTube’s **** algorithm. Not only that, but it basically irritates me that these comments are basically being treated like they may as well have never even been there to begin with. Now I can’t even look at my old cringey comments from my teen days back in the late 2000s.

To some folks who have their comments disabled on their videos like @hooperfan and @Oscarfan.... look, you guys know me. I don’t tell other folks what to do with their channels as it’s just general common sense like that, but I personally think you guys should consider setting your channels as not for kids as many of us enjoy commenting on your Sesame Street videos as we have in the past. Otherwise, I’ll let you guys decide what you want to do with your channels.
Eh, not having comments doesn't bother me. Lately a lot of them have been pretty lame, in my humble opinion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I'm in a minority here, but I actually enjoyed reading YouTube comments, because honestly, there's gold hidden in them thar comments . . . perhaps the funniest YouTube comment I ever read was on an upload of the ARTHUR episode "D.W.'s Very Bad Mood," where somebody commented if D.W.'s as bad as she is now, imagine what she'd be like as a teenager having her period.
I dealt with this with my older sister before, and it actually was unintentionally amusing, so that's why I found that particular comment hilarious.

But, I mean, the loss of comments, to me, is kind of insignificant compared to the loss of other features and functions . . . truth be told, when it comes to uploading my content, people tend to comment more on the shares I post of the videos on social media like Facebook than they do on the actual video upload itself.