Now what's going on with YouTube?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Here's world champion Magnus Carlsen schooling about 20 people in chess at the same time in something that seems more like a comedy than reality... my 25-year old brain can't even wrap my head around what's going on yet YouTube has deemed it "for kids":

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There have been interviews with Friz Freleng, Chuck Jones, and other people responsible for WB animation in the golden age who said that they didn’t make Looney Tunes for kids or adults, they made it for themselves (though they were adults when they made them). I wonder if that would make Looney Tunes uploads qualify as “for adults”.

Uh, at least the ones made and released in theaters before 1969 (or maybe even before 1964).

Then again, they made the shorts for themselves, but there’s no “for the creator” button.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, the likes of Tom Ruegger and Paul Rugg have said the exact same thing about shows like ANIMANIACS and FREAKAZOID!, even though those are considered kids show.

datman24

Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure Jim Henson said the same thing about The Muppet Show, but over time, it's been branded more as a "kids show," and now many uploads from the show on YouTube label it as that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just checked SS's official YouTube channel just to see how much these new FTC/COPPA regulations have affected it, and it's clear they're, somehow, able to still add their new videos to playlists and such, even though that was a feature that was supposed to be dropped from content marked as "made for kids" (hence why we're no longer able to add "made for kids" videos to favorites and such). This is odd.
I would assume they probably have YouTube partner privilege.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though they already posted this on Facebook a couple of days ago, this is literally the first actual subscription update I've gotten from SS on YouTube in months:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like YouTube no longer considers 720p to be HD anymore.