Now what's going on with YouTube?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Notice there's still one question that remains unanswered: can and will YouTube fine you up to $42,000 per video their algorithms detect are mislabeled?
Yes, because the average anonymous person (literally by the thousands) totally has that type of money to throw around over a YT video.

I watched some of that COPPA video and this doesn't seem that bad: it literally seems like only bottom of the barrel kids stuff will be affected, and not stuff that can be appreciated by all (puppetry, games, cartoons, etc); Sesame Street seems to be the ultimate gray area and will be the litmus test.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
What I would compare this to is people downloading music from the internet: everyone does it and nothing is done about it; there's literally nothing you can do about it since it's so much. This is why I'm saddened that some people already jumped the gun and deleted their channels, not because they're law-abiding, but because I'm not sure it was necessary.

datman24

Reaction score
Well, you can kiss those comments on the Muppet and Sesame Street videos goodbye because YouTube just rolled out their COPPA restrictions, and now virtually every Muppet and Sesame Street video have all their comments turned off. Of course, for some of you that upload Muppet and Sesame Street content, you can always just turn them back on by labeling them as "Not for Kids." However, it will be a pain in the butt to do that for each and every video, and there's no telling what the implications might be in the long run.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not exactly true. You can just set your entire channel as for kids or not, which saves a big hassle (that’s what I did for mine). Also, just so we’re clear, “for kids” does not literally mean for adults; YouTube addressed this. Far as I’m concerned, the most I heard you’ll get from YouTube is a warning first if they feel you’re abusing the system of labeling your videos. I’m hopeful that doesn’t happen to me or anyone else.

But.....:sigh: many inactive channels with Muppet videos now have the comments turned off, including the Workshop’s. I’m really hopeful they switch it to not for kids, but I don’t see that happening.

Remember, folks.... the internet is the responsibility of babysitting your kids! :rolleyes:

Any Del

Reaction score
Look on the bright side, at least we won't have to deal with those obnoxious fans.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As much as comments being turned off on kids videos sucks, I'm more upset about not being to add kids videos to favorites anymore.