Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now they've effed up Watch History again. For whatever reason, they're now logging videos you watch each and every day - so, like, if you watch the same videos on more than one day, they'll keep showing up in your Watch History each day you've watched them - and this goes back for like two and a half weeks. Makes no sense. Treating Watch History like a playlist was so much more efficient.

Any Del

Reaction score
This whole issue with COPPA is more of "let's censor everyone" while using "protecting" children as a guise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's still so many gray areas with this, that it's making everybody confused and worried about what they should even do. I think the idea of actually fining people for their videos is what's scaring people.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In the end, YouTube was never exactly meant to be a kid-friendly site in the first place. This is why we have YouTube KIDS! And the fact that the FTC are the ones who have the final say in the end makes it ******* pointless when it comes to labeling our videos!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, I don't think that YouTube was never meant to be a kid-friendly site, however, even from the beginning, there's always been the age-restriction filter where you had to be 18 and over to watch such videos . . . in order to get around that, you would have had to lie about your age when you registered an account.

Any Del

Reaction score
Having to pay $42,000 per video is ******* madness! Do we look like Trumpy the Grumpy?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Of course it is - ordinary people on YouTube don't have that kind of money! And what makes it worse is that even though we're now responsible for labeling our own content, if YouTube's algorithms detect that our content is "mislabeled," that will result in our getting fined and our content nuked.

This is why it's such an issue, because they're stigmatizing certain audio/visual content as being "made for kids" because it would appear to "attract kids," so this would mean according to their algorithms, I'd have to label almost all of my content as "made for kids" simply because of puppetry . . . but, if I do that, they according to their new TOS, I'll lose all of my basic channel functions.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that's why this is separate from the age restriction system.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
How many times is YouTube gonna ask my age before I watch a video, cause now it's every **** time.