None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not exactly blowtorch like 2015, but yeah, it's looking like all next week is going to be above average again in the mid-60s, so . . . definitely not gonna feel like Christmas this year.

We don't need this. We seriously don't need this. I mean, this past summer and fall was bad enough when it was up in the 90s into the first freakin' week of October (which never happened before), but what an absolutely ****** way to end a ****** year by Climate Change having to effect the week of what's supposed to be the happiest time of the year.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Let me rewrite this. I'm sorry Snowthy and I feel sorry for you. But it seems you're depending on the weather to be how you want it for it to be a Merry Christmas. If not, it gives you another excuse to be miserable.

There wasn't any snow on the ground when Jesus was born, nor was there on January 6 when the Three Kings showed up.What was Jesus going to do? Crawl back in Mary's womb until it snows?

Christmas is as merry as you want to make it. You can't change the weather any more than I can. It'll probably end about 40 on Wednesday. Back in 1984 it was 78 degrees. Up here. But Christmas still came, snow or no snow.
If it's a white Christmas you want, pack your sweaters and move to the Yukon.
But if you're counting on the weather to determine your happiness and peace of mind, you're gonna be disappointed for a long time.
Again, my sympathies for your miseries. But the only one who can do anything about is...(guess who?) you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh. All the local meteorologists are just rubbing our faces in it today. "It's a gorgeous 6X-degree Christmas Day that could only happen in your dreams!" :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's 7-fricken-4 degrees today! In December! Not the first time this has happened, but gee whiz, this has been the absolute worst year for Climate Change thus far!

But you know what I've been thinking? If Climate Change was having just the reverse effects, would people take it more seriously and try to put a stop to it then? Like, say, suppose in spring and summer, when people are wanting to cook out, go camping, go swimming, go out on day trips, whatever, and they're unable to because of sudden cold snaps, and even wintry conditions . . . would they see Climate Change as a problem then?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why the frog is it close to 80 degrees today in the middle of January, in the middle of winter? Oh yeah! Climate Change!

I cannot believe I'm having to wear t-shirts and shorts in the middle of January, in the middle of winter. This is about thirty degrees above average!!

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I won't say that just yet, considering winter's not quite halfway over yet, and although this past Christmas wasn't very enjoyable, it still wasn't as bad as Blowtorch 2015 was.

That being said, we're still going to be warm and spring-like for the next week or so. :rolleyes: Speaking of which, looking into the future, it appears we're going to be in another really warm and above-average spring again this year; last year was literally our earliest and longest spring yet.

I get the sickening feeling we're not going to see very much in the way of snow accumulation this season . . . figures; I've outlined and been planning a snow day short film with Steve since last April.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And Chicken Little says the sky is falling.
I made a suggestion of moving north but it always seems to fall on deaf ears.
Only you would allow your Christmas to be spoiled because of weather. Well, Mr. Grinch, it was 53 degrees up here, but Christmas still came.

If you're waiting for your circumstances to be just right before you can be happy, you're in for a long wait.
Then again, this will probably fall on deaf ears too.