None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So you're gonna expect the same or worse for 2020 with no relief in sight.
I got a big news flash for you. Life will give you exactly what you expect. If you expect nothing but bad things in your life, that's exactly whatyou'll get.
But what do I possibly know?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm not saying Climate Change isn't happening, or can't happen. But it's not the Doomsday Apocolypse people are making it out to be.

This is going as far back as 1987, when it was still called Global Warming. The biggest offender was China, having one billion refrigerators
emitting fluorocarbons into the air. But they've done nothing in thirty years to alleviate this, nor has any president done anything to enforce it.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Why do people want cold weather? I could see maybe wanting something in the 60s, but why would you ever want anything below that? I guess I could see wanting snow for winter sports, but cold weather is way more annoying than good.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, no. The one good thing cold weather does is kill off bugs, so in the spring you don't have an epidemic of flies.
I wouldn't want it too cold though. I couldn't survive a winter in Chicago .

Excessive heat isn't bad, but it's the humidity that does me in.
All in all, New Jersey's climate is pretty fair. Sometimes we get arctic blasts which plunge temps down to 0.
We also can get heatwaves like last summer, ten days of 100 degree heat, but it balances out in mild spring and fall.

The absolute worst summer in my lifetime was 1988. 43 days of triple
digit heat and unbearable humidity. But I survived.
The best and worst part of my life right now is living a block from a lake. In the winter, frozen winds off the lake can be brutal. However, in the summer those same breezes cool things off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We literally have not had a normal February in years. Just sayin'.