None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It’s going to be 46 degrees here today, and that’s unusual for February.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The weather in my area has had its sunny days in Feb. I’m already predicting to see the snow melt away this month.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wowie kazowie! Here it is May . . . and I'm wearing a sweater today! And tomorrow too!! A May day like this is unheard of! I can only remember one such May day happening like this in my entire life, and I remember that day vividly, as that was the same day that my then-doctor was so proud of my weightloss progress, he decided to start seeing me only every three months instead of every month like he had been.

Anymore, with Climate Change, even May days where you can comfortably wear long pants have become increasingly rarer and rarer . . . actually, I can't even remember the last time we had such a May; it's been years.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Up here, for the first time ever, we had snow. In May. Just a dusting, but unmistakably snow.

We’ve had snow in April before, but this is new, even for me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The latest we've ever had snow in the season was the beginning of March several years ago, and that was a fluke thing, much like this. Similarly, this past November was the earliest we've ever seen snow, the week before Thanksgiving . . . seeing snow-covered fall colors was a strangely beautiful sight. Otherwise, whatever snowfall we get is generally exclusive to January; December snow is rare, February snow is almost unheard of.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When I was between 8 and 12, cold weather was guaranteed any weekend us Boy Scouts went camping. Even as late as May, it would be nice during the day, but at night the temps would plunge to freezing.
Even when I went camping with my family in the summer, nights would get bitterly cold. My dad couldn’t build a big enough fire to keep me warm.
It was like Mother Nature and Jack Frost got together and said, “That fuzzy kid is camping out. We’ll freeze his fuzz off!”
And when we went camping, it was roughing it. That tent and your sleeping bag was all you had to protect you from the elements. And like clockwork, it would freeze and the wind howled all night. But as cold as it was, sleeping outside was great, in spite of the elements. The glow of the campfire made up for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:sigh: Well, here we are, the 90s have arrived to let us know it's officially summer. Guess some things never change.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It’s 88 degrees here, but it really feels like 90 degrees. We're supposed to be getting thunderstorms later on though, but who knows if we’ll even get them or not.