None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

I'm like Bill Cosby, I like the sweaters with the sleeves and the little intricate designs knitted on the sweaters in the different colors and, aww, you know what I'm talkin' about, HAAAAAAA!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Everything in its season. I got a bunch of t-shirts, but I don’t like tank tops. I’m not into bare arms, unless I’m at the beach and completely shirtless.
Larry the Cable Guy I ain’t.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's why when it's shirtless weather, I opt to wear Hawaiian shirts out in public, so as to not offend anybody with my big hairy man boobs.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don’t have man boobs, but I am getting a spare tire around my waist.
I can’t even blame it on beer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to run the risk of jinxing it, but now that the streak is over, I shall share. . . .

So far this summer, not once had the temperatures risen up to 90 degrees or above . . . until today, that is. Still, I have to say, this has been a summer to remember! Sure, we've still been dealing with some really bad humidity as we always do, but the fact that we went for almost two whole months of summer without it reaching the 90 degree mark has been absolutely amazing; for all intents and purposes, we've managed to be spared almost two thirds of the whole summer season.

The sad thing is, this is what summer used to be like before Climate Change: sure, it still got hot, but it was rare and unusual to hit 90 degrees; since about 2007 or so, it's gotten rare and unusual to stay below 90 during summer, so for it to have gone on this long without reaching 90 degrees, this is definitely going to be a summer to remember!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This is as good a place as any to bring this up.
Climate change.
I’m not a climate denier, but I’m certainly not an alarmist either.
First off, the climate is ALWAYS changing. Has been for millions of years. The global temperature may raise by a degree over the next hundred years, but contrary to what AOC proposes, the earth will not end in 2030.
I lived through my share of Doomsday Apocolypses going all the way back to 1987.
Still here.
One reason I don’t buy into the climate alarmists, is the people that scream about it the most are not taking any proactive steps themselves. Fossil fuel emissions? Greta Thunberg didn’t mind flying in private jets all over the world, telling world leaders how she was deprived of her childhood. HOW DARE YOU!!!!
AOC doing the same thing.
Paris Climate Accord? They want to fine the US for the size of the carbon footprint we’re leaving. We have a population of 330 million. China and India have a billion people each, but are not held to the same standard.

Wanna now what also puts CFCs into the atmosphere? That fridge in your kitchen. How many of you are ready and willing to give up your fridge in the name of Climate Change?

Show of hands.

Not even one, huh?
Then we’re all guilty by association too.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Weather Channel reported July was the warmest month on record.

Now before someone screams “Derp! Climate change!!!” He of your horses for ONE second.
Okay, two, but Not have faith you can listen this long.

The aggregate worldwide temperature rose 0.034 of one degree Celsius. Enough to cause concern? Some.
Enough to cause widespread panic? No.

Here’s the math.
About 8 billion people in the world. Check. No dispute on that. Census data has always been reliable.
The two countries leaving the biggest carbon footprint are India and China. Both countries have a billion people each. So two countries have 25% of the world’s population, but nobody is holding them accountable.

it’s all well and good for Greta Thunberg to screech at the heads of Europe. I’m still waiting for her to lay into Xi Xi Ping .

Does the US have to do their part? Yes. But so do 2 billion others.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Weather Channel reported July was the warmest month on record.
I will say that not here it wasn't . . . up until the last week of the July, that is; our July was mostly below average . . . or, pre-climate change average in the 80s for much of the month until the last week when it finally jumped up into the 90s, but as I said, this will be a summer to remember (for good reason), because for it to not rise up into the 90s until that late in the season has been so unusual for this previous decade, since we're usually already sweltering in the 90s by June. Prior to the late 2000s, it was actually unusual for us to even reach the 90 degree mark, even in the dog days of summer.

As of now, this week has been only the second time so far this entire summer that it's reached 90+ degrees, and after the weekend, it's looking like it'll remain in the 80s for the time being.

Either way, this has been quite a tolerable summer for the most part.